A useful diabetes management tool

My son was diagnosed in March of 2015. He was 10. I put together an online log so that everyone involved in helping him manage his diabetes could be on the same page at all times, in real time.

It’s still in progress, but here’s a sample of what we are using:

Use the ‘Diabetes Management Form’ link to enter pre and post prandial info, general sugar checks, and notes. The form is set up to accept bg as mg/dL. If you use mmol/L, here’s a handy converter https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-sugar-converter.html

After submitting the form info, click on the ‘Sample Diabetes Log’ link to view the log that updates in real time.

This isn’t the one that we use, so it’s cool for you to play around with it.

No personal info is collected or required.

(Dennis J. Dacey, PwD) #2

Hi Brian @pght1d,
some interesting log information. I checked out a couple of your formulae and found them accurate and basically your spreadsheets are much like the LOTUS stuff I put together for my recordkeeping 30 years ago - a lot of work. but if this works for your son’s group of caregivers, GREAT.

your data accumulation, although not automated, presents a fraction of what my pump provides automatically.

(Rachael) #3

We are using the DiaConnect app and it seems to work well. We (my husband, son, and I) are all logged in via smartphone to the same account and it updates in real time as info is submitted. We are very new to this journey, but found this tool and so far it seems to be what we were looking for.

Hi Dennis. Thanks for the post :slight_smile:

The purpose of the log is really to just be able to see what is going on with our son at all times, in particular when he is out of our sight. When he goes over to a friend’s house, or when he is at school, or when he is being watched by a family member - we can quickly check the log to see if he has had lunch, or a snack, what dose was given, was he exercising, etc. We also use it to note when his CGM transmitter, CGM sensor, pump site, and pump cartridge are changed

His pump is a Tandem T-slim, and his CGM is the Dexcom G5.

Hi Rachael. Thank you for taking the time to post. :slight_smile:

I checked out the Diabetes Connect app and it 's awesome! The only difference really between the app and the system that we use is that Diabetes Connect requires an app to be downloaded/installed and then people have to register and login. With the web-based system, those steps aren’t necessary. Anyone that is interested in knowing what is happening can view his log via a web browser and see it update in real-time.

Thank you again