Alyssa

(diabetic-angel) #1

hey how many of you know alyssa(from washington, 15 years old), well i havent talked to her in a while so i wanted to make sure she was ok. she has changed my life and is one of my best friends.

(figure skater girl) #2

shes gone. she has (temporarily i think) left the site

(Amber Buller) #3

IK alyssa! I love her to death! She is my unbiological sister! she has changed my life and gave me a new look on diabetes! I have been emailing her back and forth but i havent heard form her the past week and im really nervous cuz ya i worry about her like crazzzzy

(Amber Buller) #4

Ohh and yesss alyssa has left the site... she is not sure weather its for good or not yet. she needed some time to herself. u can read her bio.

(Sarah_0776) #5

She told me that she will definitely be back eventually, but she doesn't know when. She just needs to work through some stuff and take some time to herself.

(diabetic-angel) #6

ok cuz i would have filed a missing persons report if i didnt hear from her. i love her to death too and my life wouldnt be the same without her.

(Angie13) #7

My last email from her was October 20.  I haven't been able to get responses to other emails.  I was concerned at first that she was annoyed at something I said.  Now I'm concerned that it's more than that.  Have any of the other people who email with her heard from her since OCtober 20?

(Seb) #8

Angie, my last e-mail from her was on the 21st, but I also think she was upset about what I said. So, I really have no idea what's going on with her.

(KC_Casey) #9

i have talked to her and she sad that  she will be back but she dosent know when yet.

(sarahslp) #10

Lauren, I thought for a long time whether I should respond to this. I didn't last night, but came back to it today b/c I was still thinking about it. I appreciate how you are concerned for Alyssa. You sound like a really caring person. But, it makes me a little worried to hear you say she's your best friend, your life wouldn't be the same w/o her, etc. I think it's special to find other people w/ T1 you can connect w/ online, and I'm glad you've been so motivated by the site. But, I hope you are also looking for people in your real life who you know, can talk to, etc. I worry when someone your age gets so connected to someone online so quickly. Not that this applies to Alyssa, but on other sites (or even here I guess), there could be less than honest people who don't have your best interests in mind who try to befriend you.

Again, I am VERY sorry of this was inappropriate or offensive. You sound like a wonderful person, and I don't want to offend you. -Sarah

(Amanda18) #11

Sarah! i am thinking the same way! She is a great person and has helped me with alot of things too. i was worried that something had happened to her. i would talk to her almost everyday and i needed a break from this site and everything. ever since that i have not talked to her. and its starting to worry me. is she ok?

(diabetic-angel) #12

alyssa just needs time to herself.

(diabetic-angel) #13

sarah,

i realize where you were coming from. i do have diabetic friends that live close by me but the closest i believe is a little over a half hour drive. no offensive was taken and thanks for showing concern. the reason i consider Alyssa to be one of my best friends is because I can tell her anything an she is always there for me, like a true friend.

-Lauren

(Angie13) #14

[quote user="Lauren Fertig"]

alyssa just needs time to herself.

[/quote]

Are you intuiting this, or did you communicate with her since your original post?  I don't NEED to talk to her myself.  It would just be a relief to know that SOMEBODY has had communication with her recently.

(diabetic-angel) #15

i read this on her profile. i haven't talked to her in over two weeks, maybe more. i need to talk her and no i cant.

(Sarah_0776) #16

Okay, so the last time I heard from her was on Oct. 19. I emailed her on Tuesday to see how things were going, and she hasn't responded yet...I'll let you guys know when she does.

(figure skater girl) #17

shes started a trend. there are a few people who seem to be leaving due to a lack of time.

(DDrumminMan) #18

[quote user="Sarah"]

But, I hope you are also looking for people in your real life who you know, can talk to, etc. I worry when someone your age gets so connected to someone online so quickly. Not that this applies to Alyssa, but on other sites (or even here I guess), there could be less than honest people who don't have your best interests in mind who try to befriend you.

[/quote]

I mean really for all we really know Alyssa could be a gross dirty old man trying to meet hot young girls and/or boys.  I saw a program on TV documentary about a woman that fell in love with a guy on the internet and her husband killed her over it and it turned out it was another lady posing as a man.

So please be careful.