Annoyed by people

(Dakota) #1

Ok so i take injected insulin and i take it next to people who will say " why are you putting that needle in yourself- im not afraid of needles im afrad of them inside somebody":expressionless::expressionless:
Then go somewhere else cause unless you want to know more dont squirm and question me cause
#1- its annoying AF
#2- what you just said made absolutly NO sence but whatever
#3- if you have a question plz just say it
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

(joe) #2

@Dakotafour hi Dakota,

they will never get what we go through, if I want to stay happy, Iโ€™ll just have to learn to ignore what other people think and do. Hope you are OK.

(Dennis J. Dacey, pwD) #3

I like your attitude Dakota @Dakotafour, to me it sounds as if you have a very positive attitude about yourself - you will go far. And your #3 says a lot - occasionally we run into someone who is genuinely interested and wants to try and understand T1D.

i also like that you will take your insulin โ€œin the openโ€ and donโ€™t hide yourself and make it look as if you are acting inappropriately. :sweat_smile:

(Cathleen) #4

Dakota, I think itโ€™s awesome how you speak up! And, I agree that itโ€™s great that you inject insulin in front of people. They cannot confront or begin to understand something that they never see.
Iโ€™m going to share your post with my daughter, who also gets annoyed, especially with people who complain about getting a flu shot!
Best wishes.

(Becca) #5

Someone once asked me (in a very condescending tone) why I was so important that I couldnโ€™t leave my โ€œpagerโ€ at home during a party. It was my insulin pump.