Anyone else a type 1 diabetic currently in Nursing school?

(caitysiebold) #1

Looking to chat about the struggles of being a nursing student and a type 1 diabetic!

(Lkate) #2

I’ve been accepted into nursing school for the fall! I haven’t started yet but I’m really looking forward to it!

(toriekstrand) #3

I am in the pre- professional nursing sequence in the UT Austin School of Nursing. I’m hoping to start my J1 in the spring of 2016!

(caitysiebold) #4

That’s great to both of you! I am currently in my junior year of nursing school at Mount Saint Mary College in New York.

(ashleymkuhn) #5

I start my nursing program this January and I’m so excited! Do you guys have any tips for me? I hope my blood sugars remain on track.

Ashley

(knittingwitht1) #6

Hi! I know this thread is old but you guys are exactly who I have been looking for! I just started Nursing at Camosun College (Victoria, BC, Canada) and I haven’t had a lot of luck with connecting with nurses with T1. There’s no one else in my program that I know but I definitely need some resources and tips; there’s so many unique challenges that I’m really not sure how to handle! Please let me know how it’s going for you!

Maryna