Anyone race sportbikes?

(Vittonik72) #1

Hi does anyone race or ride trackdays?  I am wanting to get involved, but am wanting to know if it would be a better idea to run slightly high prior to a session or race and does type 1 diabetes restrict your ability to obtain a race license?  My big fear is that I no longer get hypoglycemic symptoms and completely disoriented and confused and yes I would agree that should restrict me from competing but I would like to participate during a track day session.

(fatiguestress) #2

Victor,

I've done several track days.  Each session lasts 20 minutes so it's not too hard to maintain control.  I do let it run a bit higher (~150 - 200) so I don't have to worry. 

What I noticed is that with the rush of adrenalin I did not feel the same things I normally feel, so don't count on feeling your lows.  It is actually quite a workout.  I ended up putting on about 100 miles at the end of the day.   

I would highly recommend you go for it.  It is a rush!!!  What kind of bike do you ride?  What track?

I ride a Honda 919 and a Suzuki 400 Supermoto.  I'm thinking of trying a supermoto race this year.  I ride at Pacific Raceways near Seattle.

Jude