Carb to Insulin ratio

(annalia) #1

I'm trying to get an idea about carb to insulin ratio.  Can anyone please tell me what your carb to insulin ration is?

Thanks

(system) #2

i'm on 1u:15g for breakfast/lunch/snacks, and a 2u:15g for dinner.

(joe) #3

[quote user="annalia"]

I'm trying to get an idea about carb to insulin ratio.  Can anyone please tell me what your carb to insulin ration is?

Thanks

[/quote]

annalia,  if you are a pumper you typically figura a carb ratio as 1 unit of insulin to x carbs

for me I am 1:7 in the AM and 1:8 for lunch and dinner.  You will find everyone is also a little different =)

you can figure out your own ratios by knowing exactly how many carbs you are having in a meal, doing your shot or bolus with a pump, and then testing at 2 and 4 hours after your meal.  If you need more info please ask or talk to your CDE or endo.

(paulacd8) #4

Hey Annalia,

My insulin to carb ratio changes during the month according to my menstrual cycles. In the beginning of my cycle, my ratio is 1U=15g carbs, in the middle of the month (during ovulation) my ratios increase to 1U=10g carbs for morning and lunch but 1U=13g for evening. Then towards the end of the month right before my period starts my ratios decrease to 1U=17g carbs. It sucks being a girl sometimes.

(t1pumper) #5

My I:C is 1:3

Just remember that everyone is different. 

(Gypsy) #6

Hi Annalia

I get very similar variations with carb:insulin as Paula mentioned...depends on time of day, and the day in cycle...

Hope you find the suitable doses for you!

All the best!

Mari