Check this out! the coolest glucose monitor you've ever DRIVEN!

(slkboston) #1

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/12/medtronic-diabetes-concept-car-monitors-glucose-levels-in-dash/

(system) #2

that is nuts!

i donno if i would want it though. that is huge. if i had something in my car that let me know about all that, i would want it to be the size of a small gps system. that's just WAY to in your face. i would get distracted while driving for sure.

(slkboston) #3

I'd be pretty happy if it was covered by insurance though! lol

I'm guessing it's 1 of the screens that you would switch to have different options-I think the  GPS, radio, etc are all on the same system, just different screens.

(joes_girl1231) #4

that would be SO cool!!!!!

(Gina) #5

yea its cool good for if you drive around a lot for work or long trips

(type1at18) #6

[quote user="Gina"]

yea its cool good for if you drive around a lot for work or long trips

[/quote]

haha yea i could just see my boss being like "you were suppose to be there by 10AM!!! WHERE WERE YOU!!?"

"I'm sorry sir, my vehicle wouldn't let me drive...!" lmao.

(whatruhere4) #7

melissa that is exactly what i was thinking. haha

(KC_Casey) #8

i rilly like that i want one make driving better for diabetes.

(Anna Marie) #9

Wow. That is just-- wow. So how does it work exactly?? It just--wow. Okay that is officially the most amazing car ever. Beyond amazing. I love it. It's just so-- wow! LOL. Can't wait 'til I drive. Hopefully this car will be readily availible and not TOO pricey by then. Wow. LOL. Thanks for posting this!

(BrianPQuinn) #10

That is such a pretty screen. So much nicer than the one my pump shows me now... I wonder if we will ever see something like that on a pump, not in a lincoln. But I guess medtronic figures if you can afford the CGMS without insurance you can get a lincoln too.

I wonder if my insurance would cover that car...

(Angel34) #11

[quote user="Melissa"]

haha yea i could just see my boss being like "you were suppose to be there by 10AM!!! WHERE WERE YOU!!?"

"I'm sorry sir, my vehicle wouldn't let me drive...!" lmao.

[/quote]

Hehe! That's clever. It's like the ultimate excuse note!