Christianity

(Jesus_Freak_13) #1

Does this mean that we can talk about our own beliefs, as well as talk about others? Or do we just stay away from those we don't agree with, such as Islam for me. (no offense to those of you who are Islamic.) Is this for all religion? Can we fell free to express our beliefs? Or do we have to watch what we say, not that I would try to yell at a Catholic or something. I am good friends with some Catholic people. But I think we should be able to express what we practice with religion as well, I am a Christian. So I will be replying in a manner of Christianity to all of the posts that I will reply too. If that bothers anyone, please let me know. I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I would like to be able to tell my own as well. That is understandable right? :) Thanks for looking! I joined because Christianity is more than a religious choice for me, it is the way I live my life, and the way I always will. Christians should be Christ like, so b4 I go and reply to others comments or whatever, I'm gonna be sure who to say what to if you know what I mean :) 

See ya!

(BrianPQuinn) #2

This group was created to allow all people to discuss and exchange values between all different faiths. We all come from a different faith background and will express it as we see fit. The thing is that we still need to be civil and polite if those who have differing religious beliefs chime in. We can't sit around and insult people based upon our own beliefs and prejudices. Otherwise feel free to respond from your beliefs and background,t hat is what we are called to do.

(Jesus_Freak_13) #3

I would never do that! (Insult people!!) I am a Cristian, we should be Christ like, as far as I know, Jesus never called anyone an idiot for not believing in Him :P 

(BrianPQuinn) #4

That we know of... Joking of course. If you are willing to take this book as a complete joke, I would read the book, Lamb by Christopher Moore, it is hysterical. It is the Gospel according to Biff Christ's childhood friend. Mind you it is a huge parody. When I was reading I was torn between laughter and offense. But it is a truly entertaining book if you can look at the less serious side of life and not be offended because of the apparent joking the author takes at all things. He admits it in the end notes that the book is a complete spoof with no historical background.

(Maikuru) #5

Faith  is not exclusive to any one belief as far as i am concerened so feel free to discuss any belief you have and to ask questions you have as far as i am concerned. I think most of us realize we are here to share, ask questions and not to judge. I have freinds in many faiths.  Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu, Agnostic and even Atheists. Makes no diference to me personally becuase i bleiev it all to be semantics really and we all respect each other very much whenever we talk. The key i think is being able to listen and being willing to both answer and ask questions while avoiding negativity and attacking another persons spiritual views. If it comes down to it you just agree to disagree. We all have free will and have to make our own choices so no one is suited in this world to judge another. I certainly would not want the job.... Question everything ,then question the question ,then question yourself. The truth is in there somewhere.

(Sarah_0776) #6

[quote user="Brian Q."]

That we know of... Joking of course. If you are willing to take this book as a complete joke, I would read the book, Lamb by Christopher Moore, it is hysterical. It is the Gospel according to Biff Christ's childhood friend. Mind you it is a huge parody. When I was reading I was torn between laughter and offense. But it is a truly entertaining book if you can look at the less serious side of life and not be offended because of the apparent joking the author takes at all things. He admits it in the end notes that the book is a complete spoof with no historical background.

[/quote]

I have to agree that Lamb is a great book, regardless of your beliefs. I am a Christian, and I found it hilarious.

(BrianPQuinn) #7

One of my favorite quotes from the book is the Sermon on the Mount chapter. Blessed are the dumb .... Classic.