Confused but Type One Nation a big help

(Camille) #1

Hi! I am 13 and was diagnosed with T1D about two weeks ago. I was, and still am, really confused and still dealing with the news, but recently I found this website and WOW. It feels so great to know there are people like me out there and the supportiveness and warmth of Type One Nation is amazing. I love scrolling through and reading all of your stories of hope. They make me feel so happy and accepted. Thank you so much!!

(Dennis J. Dacey, PWD) #2

Welcome Camille @Schmoozieburritos to TypeOneNation! and welcome to the not always easy life living with T1D.

I’m happy that you found us so soon, we gather here to support each other by offering tips on what we have learned, through trial and error, while living with diabetes; I’ve been living for over 60 years with diabetes. We are here also to support you when you are having difficulties trying to understand and will be here when you “just need to vent”; you will be accepted.

One thing to keep in mind is that diabetes should not keep you from living a long, full, productive and active life - yes, you will learn to manage [but not perfectly control] your diabetes to fit into what you want to do and achieve. I wish you well, and please share here often.

(BookwormNerd13) #3

Hey Camille!
Welcome to the world of T1D! I’m Abby; I’m 15 and I’ve had T1 since I was 7. I’m so glad you’ve found Type One Nation! It’s a super great way to get advice, support, or just the reassurance that you’re not alone. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns… it’s super confusing at first (heck, I still get confused sometimes!) but there are lots of folks on here–myself included–who know what you’re going through. I’m always here to talk if you want to message me about anything! And if you have Snapchat, I can add you to a group chat with several other T1 teens; it’s a great place to meet other teenagers who “get it”. My sc username is bookwormnerd13.
I look forward to chatting with you! :slight_smile:

(Luisa) #4

Welcome! While I do not have T1D myself, I have an 11 year old son who was diagnosed last year and like you I have found this site to be useful and uplifting! You will be able to get insight from different perspectives which is helpful! Glad you have joined!

(beckym) #5

Hi Camille,
Welcome, and love the name “Camille”. My grandson is exactly your age and is coming up on his 1 year diagnosis of T1D (Feb 6). His diagnosis was a life changer for the whole family, but in a strange way it has made him stronger and us closer as a family. JDRF TypeOneNation Community Forum has been a huge support and source of information. You are not alone in what you face, Glad you have joined!

(Nichole Acosta) #6

Hi there, glad to see you’re feeling supported! Have you also checked out jumoconnect.com?