Contact

(Re-silient) #1

Hello I have been off and on this forum and I was wondering if there any body who I can speak with via text or email doesn’t matter about my diabetes like a long distance " pen pal " I know it seems strange I just don’t want to log on here every time and write down what’s going I would love to have a friend somebody I can shoot a quick message to and chat it up about how crazy this chronic illness gets if not its cool if so just let me know I would love to talk with you :slight_smile:

(Petar) #2

Hi @re-silient my name is Petar. I know how you feel. Diabetes can be crazy and it sucks. I know because I have Type 1 Diabetes for 30 years. I would love to be your friend. We are in the same boat together. I am here for you. :blush:

My email address is petar.marin@verizon.net

(tedquick) #3

Hi @re-silient my name is Ted. I’ll be glad to trade emails with you anytime. I’ve been a Type 1 for just over 62 years, and would also love to be your friend. I’ve spent over 30 years helping other diabetics with the many questions our affliction creates.

(anita) #4

i wouldn’t mind helping. i have had diabetes 56 years. i think i know a thing or two.
may i ask your age?

Anita

(jdjim) #5

I’m JIm and it appears you’ve hit a “sweet spot” with your pen pal plea. I’m T1D for 53 years and would be happy to join in the conversation. Sounds like it could be interesting.

(Jessica) #6

Whey my name isJessica I don’t have it my 13 year old does but would love to have someone to talk to about this craziness we just got diagnosed March 6 of this year!
Email - jessiarroyo9@gmail.com

(Monica) #7

Hi Jessica, I was diagnosed a couple of months before my 11th Birthday, 44 years ago. I am anything but a model T1D, but would be more than happy to be a sounding board/perspective giver for you! I had a tough time being T1d during my teens, and could maybe give you some insight into your kiddo’s behavior and response to this challenge we face. My email is:mlemonohan@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me whenever you need to!