Craziest Things You Have Done with Your Pump On

(Laurenerz) #1

What are some of the craziest things you were able to do with your pump on!? While completing whatever activity you can not have damaged your pump in anyway or had a site fall out!

Mine would have to be Skydiving with my pump on!

(Katrina R) #2

umm.. jumping of a medium diving board, and going in a wave pool lol.. does it count that my pump unclipped and tugged on my site??? cause my site didnt fall out, or anything..

(Laurenerz) #3

I think that definitely counts!! Very cool...I would have been scared about losing it in the wave pool!!

(Katrina R) #4

scratch that , I think my pump is wrecked, cuz after I was in the wave pool it was clouded up on the inside, and now 2 days later, its gotten worse, so Im going to need to oreder a new pump :o. cuz soon I wont be able to see it.. sheesh I've only been pumping for about 4-5 months :P

-Kat

well I dont think the wave pool was the problem, I think it was more the diving board... so no more diving even off the 1 meter.. cuz thats about all I went on....

(Anonymous) #5

In 2000 I made the mistake of going into a mosh pit at an A Perfect Circle concert. My pump survived, however I was kicked in the head and passed out in the mosh pit. I lived to tell so no real harm done.

(Laurenerz) #6

OK...I just have to say...that's pretty amazing! Except for maybe the getting kicked in the head part...but hey what a story.

(Anonymous) #7

Thanks Lauren, but I think you got me beat ha ha. It took me awhile to even think of mine, considering I have become more cautious as I get older. Well at least I like to think so :)

(Anonymous) #8

I'm boring, so I never do "crazy" things with my pump on (I'm also part clutz, so there is a reason for this). But my diabetic friend went canoeing with her pump one once, and according to her she was entirely paranoid it would tip, and she'd be out of luck. It didn't tip. For the record, all was good. And she made it out of the canoe dry.

(Anonymous) #9

[quote user="Alyssa"]

I'm boring, so I never do "crazy" things with my pump on (I'm also part clutz, so there is a reason for this). But my diabetic friend went canoeing with her pump one once, and according to her she was entirely paranoid it would tip, and she'd be out of luck. It didn't tip. For the record, all was good. And she made it out of the canoe dry.

[/quote]

Alright I just have to say that to me this is crazy. I do not swim well and I would be so scared that my pump would be ruined and that I would drown. That is just too adventurous for me.

Alyssa, you are not boring! You going running, you go to amusement parks ... both of which I am not brave enough to do anymore.

(rainbow_squid) #10

a couple of months ago i upgraded the pump i had for 4 years. since the pump was newer it had more features (i got a minimed 722) so i went through the utilities and found that there were many more languages to choose from. so i got bored and changed the language from english to russian. so that day i went through each menu and evry setting possible so that day i learned how to say evrything in my pump in russian

(Nads) #11

Hilarious!  Just one more reason to upgrade pumps:  it's a cultural thing!  LOL

(DancinVicki) #12

I did a Bridge Swing, which is like a bungee jump, but you are upright, and instead of bouncing, you swing under a bridge 100 ft or so away.  That was in South Africa.  I consider it more just one of the craziest things I've ever done.  The fact I had my pump on is secondary! :-)

(rainbow_squid) #13

i've  been in a wind tunnel with my pump on! it was so cool!

(since030993) #14

saved someone's life...but i do that at work quite frequently!

(ScrappyDy) #15

I have a couple actually...

When I first moved to California, I went sea kayaking and didn't know what to do with my pump since it's not waterproof, only water resistent and so I tucked it under my life vest.  I got really sloshing wet from the choppy waves (it was pretty windy that day), but my pump survived and came out mostly dry, but luckily not water-logged. 

Another time, I was building a set and I was carrying an 8 x 12 ft. flat...Somehow, the tubing of my pump got snagged on a screw that wasn't screwed in all the way and it yanked my pump off my pocket, startling me so I almost dropped the wall on myself.  Fortunately, I did not get pancaked by the wall, but I did end up hurting my shoulder, which still gives me problems to this day.

And recently, for Halloween, my husband and I went to Great America and rode the Drop Tower...Well, upon the first free fall, my pump unclipped!  It was just a pretty good thing that I was wearing a belt because it held onto the tubing against my body, keeping my pump from getting ripped out and dropping to its disasterous death of 26 stories. 

So, yeah...I think it's best to wear the pump inside the pocket or in one of those under-clothing pouches when participating in such crazy situations.  ;oP

(ScrappyDy) #16

Uh...the tubing inconvenience is another reason why I'm looking to switch to the OmniPod.