Delayed lows

(OmniUser) #1

Has anyone ever noticed that after exercise, you go low yes, but also it tends to stay low after a while? And if you have noticed that, how long does the effect of the exercise last?

For me, it is about a 3 hour effect after intense exercise. Goes down depending on the amount and time of the exercise.

(BrianPQuinn) #2

Post excercise my low tends to last for about an hour. Depending upon the excercise I do, my sugar does one of two things. If I do an intense run my sugar tends to stay low. If i just use the treadmill or an elliptical machine for over a half hour my sugar will drop for a bit, but usually an hour later I will see it climb steadily to around 160+. It is very odd and disturbing to see this go on. I need to talk to my educator about this and keep forgetting to.

(whatruhere4) #3

depending on what i treated the low with it will last all day.

(Trevor) #4

Exercise, especially intense exercise, results in your muscles still burning energy for a period of time following how long you've exercised. The body needs to replace what it has burned, and it will be in catch-up mode until it actually catches up, which could be up to several hours later. For me, it's usually 30 minutes to an hour, but I usually don't overdo exercising.