You should fire your doctor.
I used to have a doctor at Kaiser. That is one of the worst experience I have. The insulin pump is covered by my insurance but Kaiser would save money and never ordered the pump for me.
45% insulin is given as basal stage and the other 55% was given for bolus before food intake. USE NPH or combination of NPH with short acting insulin is STUPID. That injection would expect you have low sugar at lunch time. You failed to take enough carbohydrate, then you would have a low sugar or take too much food then you would have a high sugar., With insulin pump then you can give a bolus before a meal. If you delay a meal, then you delay your your bolus.
New insulin pump with continuous glucose monitoring devise is much better than the old insulin pump.
Never tell your doctor that you have a low glucose. I met two uneducated Kaiser doctors who wrote to DMV to suspend my driver license. Never tell your doctor that you have memory loss low sugar, high sugar. Those uneducated doctors would get your driving privilege. It made so frustrated and SICK for one year until I got my driving license back with a history of driving license being suspended. Very careful to check your doctors - many discriminate diabetics.