Does anybody have a portable charger for their pump/BG monitor that they love?

(JP) #1

I’ve been on the newest Tandem pump for about a month now. I’m very forgetful when it comes to charging it, since the Medtronic pump always took a AAA battery. I’ve never had good luck with portable phone chargers (they never seem to work as well as I expect).

Does anybody have a portable charger that they use for their pump or blood glucose monitor that works well and that they love? I’m looking for brand suggestions. TIA! (Thanks in advance)

(Dennis J. Dacey, pwD) #2

Hi Justyne @JKKS, I too changed from the MiniMed pump that used AAA battery to Tandem and six months prior began using a DexCom CGM that requires ‘charging’. Having gone through a storm in 2017 that knocked out the power here for 6 days the next purchase I made was a portable power supply.

I bought a pack that is more powerful than minimum needed and keep it in my "grab-and-go kit; it will also keep our phones and tablets powered for at least a week.

KUPPET 20000mAh Power Bank (Dual USB Port, 3.1A Total) External Portable Charger Battery Pack Portable Charger with LED Flashlight for iPhone 8/7,iPhone X,iPad Pro, Galaxy S8 Note8 and More

It worked well for a week’s trip this past winter; got it on-line for $36.

1 Like
(JP) #3

Thanks so much, Dennis! I’m ordering one today! I love that price, too!

The husband and I do a lot of backpacking and car-camping trips, so I need something that will keep my pump charged for a week. Would be nice if it could keep my phone charged too!

Thank you!

(Dennis J. Dacey, pwD) #4

Justyne, the model I posted may be “over kill”, on our last trip it kept my t-Slim, the Dexcom receiver, phone fully charged and was still more than 50% power left - I forget the actual amount.

1 Like
(BeccaGae) #5

I have a solar panel charger for long spells of being without electricity. (RAVPower Solar Charger 24W Solar Panel with 3 USB Ports Waterproof Foldable Camping Travel Charger), And I also have a Kmashi (3 of them actually) for short jaunts.
I don’t have a T:slim but I do have a Dexcom receiver, a OmniPod Dash (rechargeable), iPhone, iPod touch (my spinal cord stim controller), ect… that do need to be charged…

1 Like
(JP) #6

I need a solar charger too (for backpacking). Thanks for the recommendation! Looking into them now!