Excessively Dry

(golfpapabravo06) #1

More so lately than before but I feel like I drink a ton of liquids but my mouth is always dry and my eyes, do you have any thoughts as to why?

My blood sugar has been just fine, last a1c was 5.5 so i dunno if its diabetes related but I have a feeling it is.

(Amber Buller) #2

Heyyy Greg! Idk if this is the case but ive had good blood sugars and i had the same problem as u r having and it tirnmed out i was dehydrated.. so maybe but im not sure. good luck

(Dillripple) #3

I feel im thirsty alot. I know when my sugars are high cause I will be very thirsty. I havent had this problem when my numbers are normal though. Do you eat alot of salty things?

(Anonymous) #4

I don't eat a lot of salty things and regardless of what my sugar is I am always thirsty, however I don't really experience dry eyes very often. Are you maybe taking allergy meds that could dry out your eyes, nose/mouth?

(sjwprod) #5

This is pretty typical according to my dental hygienist.  I switched to Biotine toothpaste and if I'm feeling really dry I'll use their gum. 

The dehydration suggestion is also a good thing I had to keep an eye on because when I exercise I loose a lot of fluid and then focus on managing my food and BGs and forget to keep the fluid coming in. Great A1c if you are avoiding the lows. Mastering the big D, way to go!

(golfpapabravo06) #6

[quote user="sjwprod"]

This is pretty typical according to my dental hygienist.  I switched to Biotine toothpaste and if I'm feeling really dry I'll use their gum. 

The dehydration suggestion is also a good thing I had to keep an eye on because when I exercise I loose a lot of fluid and then focus on managing my food and BGs and forget to keep the fluid coming in. Great A1c if you are avoiding the lows. Mastering the big D, way to go!

[/quote]

I heard that a while back from my dental hygienist too, but at the time i was like naw thats not me.  Whats different about Biotine than regular crest or colgate?

(sjwprod) #7

Biotine is a mild toothpaste and has a chemical that help produce more saliva. I had lots if issues with irritated gums and after using it for a month the irritation was gone. The gum does the same thing, it help create more moisture in the mouth and minimizes the irritation, healing and chemical balance in your mouth.