Favorite movies of 08

(Ilana Leigh) #1

There were some pretty good ones this past year.

MY TOP

Slumdog Millionaire (go see it!)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Step Brothers

I Am Legend

(Anonymous) #2

Don't think I watched any of those... I probably watch more of the Disney-ish, some see it as kind of dorky :), movies. My favorites this year have been:
Indiana Jones: Legend of the Crystal Skull
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
ehhh.... Twilight was okay. I still don't get the big deal 'bout it :) (no offense!)
Iron Man

I don't get out much; I haven't seen many movies this year :)

(figure skater girl) #3

[quote user="Alyssa"]ehhh.... Twilight was okay. I still don't get the big deal 'bout it :) (no offense!)
[/quote]

the book was really good. the movie, horrible. they messed up the order and lots of details. anyone agree with me?

(bassoonist1719) #4

they messed up some, like that her computer was supposed to be really slow (instead Apple probably payed millions of dollars for her to have a Mac and an iPod) and she was supposed to cook for Charlie.  but i still liked te movie, though the books ARE much better.

(Anna Gutzwiller) #5

Yes.. Totally.. I thought the book was great but when I saw the movie it just made me upset I thought it was kind of weird that Edward was I hate you one day and then was like I'm so in love with you only the next day... the book seemed more gradual... but then again when they make books into movies they usually aren't as good.

(Anna Gutzwiller) #6

I thought Iron Man was amazing... I also watch more Disney Movies and Westerns then regular movies... My all time favorite Disney Classics are Mulan and Pocahontas. Hey Did anyone see Walle? I thought it was ok.. it wasn't a movie that you could watch more than twice at least that's what i think.

(rach123) #7

I dont know know what you guys are talking about i loved it anyways, but that my be cuz i was hyped up on twizlers. :) what i can totally have those :)

(Danielle89) #8

The Rocker  with Rainn Wilson was pretty good.

(Sarah_0776) #9

[quote user="Alyssa"]Twilight was okay. I still don't get the big deal 'bout it :) (no offense!)
[/quote]

Alyssa-

I totally agree with you. My sister and all of my friends are huge Twilight fans, but I haven't even read the books (and I don't plan to). I am not a fan of fantasy books. I'm more into romance and realistic fiction. My sister keeps telling me that the Twilight books are more romance than fantasy, but I don't agree (Vampires + Werewolves = Fantasy).

As far as movies go:

27 Dresses

Baby Mama

Mamma Mia (a bit cheesy, but still good)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Sleepwalking

There are many more, but I can't think of them all...

(whatruhere4) #10

my fave's of '08

• indiana jones
  • i am legend
  • marly and me

i don't remember what else came out about that time.

(Carolyne) #11

Waltz With Bashir

WALL-E

Slumdog Millionaire

Horton Hears A Who

(whatruhere4) #12

oh my land i want to see that one. Horton Hears a Who. :(

(stilledlife) #13

NA-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!! The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Wall-E

Kung-Fu-Panda

I really wanna see Choke

ummm.... wow.... i sound like I'm 13

(Marie) #14

i think their both on crack...no offence. they are my least favorite vampire books EVER(and i know vampire books) you know there were vampires books BEFORE twilight. look into that. (though i liked twilight better before everyone started freaking out about it)