Fingerprints?

(LauraJ) #1

Does testing your blood sugar from your fingertips affect your fingerprint?

(Rosemary5) #2

Interesting question. I don't think so, but i usually test on the sides of my fingers. I think if you tested a lot right in the middle on the same finger you could get callouses and that might make your finger prints different. However, as long as you are rotating fingers I wouldn't think it should be a problem.

(Gina) #3

Hmmm that is an interesting question. I am not sure if it does but now I am curious! I just looked at my fingertips and I can't even see any marks in my pointer and middle fingers haha!

(LauraJ) #4

yeah I dont know! It seems that it would but i've heard that it takes a lot to change or get rid of your fingerprint. hmm...

Laura

(Eric_Carpenter) #5

Maybe you would get temporary imperfections from a callous, but I don't think you would ever make lasting changes.  I heard removing your fingerprints with acid won't stop them from coming back after healing.  Who knows, maybe diabetes is the tool for a perfect crime.

(Joshy84) #6

Where I work at we have to clock in using our fingertips. I dont have any problems with it not registering my fingerprint for that It usually happens from having dry skin more though.