Friends ?Requests?

(Gina) #1

So...im not diabetic enough to be your friend :) ? I wouldnt mind having some more friends on my list. So friend request me and everyone that you can. We all need to be part of a tight network. We are all links in the diabetic chain. I'm a cool person. I'm controversial with politics of course  but im down to earth and fun to talk to. I just bring a different and darker opinion on things. But we should all be friends here. We are all dying together....so at least if we are going to go out some day from this disease....we can have a tight alliance and know that others know our pain and struggle. Make friends here. We are different from the rest of the world. But we are all the same here.

(system) #2

you've been my friend for awhile :oD

(Anonymous) #3

[quote user="Wolf"]

So...im not diabetic enough to be your friend :) ? I wouldnt mind having some more friends on my list. So friend request me and everyone that you can. We all need to be part of a tight network. We are all links in the diabetic chain. I'm a cool person. I'm controversial with politics of course  but im down to earth and fun to talk to. I just bring a different and darker opinion on things. But we should all be friends here. We are all dying together....so at least if we are going to go out some day from this disease....we can have a tight alliance and know that others know our pain and struggle. Make friends here. We are different from the rest of the world. But we are all the same here.

[/quote]

Wow.

I personally can't be friends with you because I can't get past the fact that you hate people based on where they come from and the color of their skin. if you truly want more friends though... the door opens both ways. Try being more outgoing and asking people to be your friend. Even though I don't agree with you I don't wish you any harm or misfortune, in fact I hope nothing but the best for you in life.  Take care.

(eva330) #4

"so at least if we are going to go out some day from this disease......."

going out from this disease? maybe you plan on going out from it but i sure as heck dont. I certainly do not see diabetes as a disease that takes you out. In fact out of every disease I am glad (maybe glad is the wrong word but u get it)  I got this one because its livable and doesnt have to kill me.

(Sarah_0776) #5

[quote user="Happy Vegan"]

[quote user="Wolf"]

[/quote]

Wow.

I personally can't be friends with you because I can't get past the fact that you hate people based on where they come from and the color of their skin. if you truly want more friends though... the door opens both ways. Try being more outgoing and asking people to be your friend. Even though I don't agree with you I don't wish you any harm or misfortune, in fact I hope nothing but the best for you in life.  Take care.

[/quote]

Where did he say that he hates people based on race? If that's true, then I agree with HV, seeing as how I am not white.

(akoster) #6

I hate the negativity about us all dying together. Diabetes is already scary and frustrating enough. I look to this website for support, positivity, and community

(TextingMyPancreas) #7

Yeah, I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "racist" stuff...  unless he posted something somewhere that I haven't seen.  The only thing I can find that might be interpreted that way is in his bio, where he describes his religion as a "white religion"....  but, to my understanding, that refers to the "light" or positive side of Paganism, as opposed to the "black", or dark side.  I could be totally wrong here.

(system) #8

wolf, did you used to go by the name ctdiabetic? anyway, it doesn't matter to me. i don't have to agree with your personal beliefs to still want to help you with diabetes.

(Woo Its Pat) #9

i'm your friend on here (or at least was last time I checked) and enjoy your different view points :)

if we all thought the same, our discussions wouldn't be very interesting now would they?

(Anonymous) #10

I'm fully aware of Pagan terminology, and I don't have to agree with people to help them either, however Wolf was asking for friends and I can't be friends with racists. There isn't much you can say to offend me in life but I take racism very seriously. So whether it be my own birth parents or some guy on a forum with multiple accounts I can't have relationships with racists. Notice above I politely told him why I could not be friends with him and then offered the best advise I could in the situation. Maybe I am just as bad as the racist themselves for not wanting to "friend" them, so be it. Best in health to all.

(TextingMyPancreas) #11

I'm simply asking where the impression came from.  I'm not defending or accusing; just want more information on why people think he's racist so that I can form my own opinion.

(Anonymous) #12

[quote user="Kim"]

I'm simply asking where the impression came from.  I'm not defending or accusing; just want more information on why people think he's racist so that I can form my own opinion.

[/quote]

Hi Kim

I said he was a racist because he has or had another account on here where he made it  clear he was a white supremacist. He might even be joking about it, I don't know, but it is too personal and hits too close to home for me either way. Sorry if I confused or offended anyone.

(sarahslp) #13

Hi Wolf. I've been your friend on here for a while and had enjoyed your chats. However, after this posting, I realized I had to remove you as a friend. I cannot support someone who lists Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books. This is a site about T1, so it's not even relevant that you posted that here. But, I still cannot support it.

(Jeff09) #14

Well im certainly not on here to judge anyone...but just one question...Sarah, i dont read books or anything but what is Mein Kampf???

(Gina) #15

Happy Vegan.....I personally cant be friends with you because you choose to eat vegetables and not meat. This means you are biased I suppose. I like all types of food and I dont "judge" them based on taste or personal preference like yourself. So you are a Meatist. Way to turn a thread in to something it was not.

Evamarie....yeah i woke up today and made plans to die by this disease. Come on now. I just dont look at diabetes with the highest regards. Maybe you are a healthy diabetic but I personally am not getting any healthier from it. So I know in the long run what is going to be my demise. But thats my personal opinion. Im still allowed to have that here right?

Pat....Thanks!  And we are still friends. Yer on my list somewhere here. ;x

Sarah#2 bye bye then. You remove me as a friend because you dont like a "book" that I read? Thats pretty lame. I guess I should lie next time and make up different books and music that im in to just so you might like me. I guess if you read the bible then I cant talk to you. Because thats not a "book" im in to. Thats so stupid. At one point you enjoyed "chatting" and convos. But over a book you are done. You are saying that this site is about T1 and of course it is. But saying a book is irrelevant here....is the same as saying that any info post in their profile that is not about diabetes is irrelevant. So if someone lists their favorite movies...they shouldnt right? Cuz movies have nothing to do with diabetes. So its not "relevant" to the forum. And music? Dont post your favorite music either cuz that has nothing to do with diabetes either right? That would not be "relevant" to the forum. So we wouldnt want to know what a  person likes or a little bit about them asides from being a betic....because that would be irrelevant according to you.

I've been playing it cool this go round. Im not bothering anyone. I'm just trying to find my place in the diabetic community. but Happy Vegan is just trying to cause trouble at this point. A fun thread of trying to keep us unified as one and more friendly  got turned in to a cesspool due to people trying to discredit me. That is beyond lame. I guess some people had nothing better to do.  

(Gina) #16

oh btw...thank you to the new friend requests!

(CHLjoe) #17

[quote user="Jeff"]

Well im certainly not on here to judge anyone...but just one question...Sarah, i dont read books or anything but what is Mein Kampf???

[/quote]

Autobiographical and political ideological tome written by Adolf Hitler and published in 1925.

(Eric_Carpenter) #18

Surprising how this post turned out...a call for friendship being answered by the "tolerant" with intolerance...

(Anonymous) #19

[quote user="Eric_Carpenter"]

Surprising how this post turned out...a call for friendship being answered by the "tolerant" with intolerance...

[/quote]

You are absolutely correct. I cannot tolerate racism. As I said before this view is probably the same as his, so I am just as guilty. I'm not perfect, I'm human.

(system) #20

this really doesn't have anything to do with anything, but reading these posts got the song "why can't we be friends" stuck in my head.