Good books

(figure skater girl) #1

i love reading and am out of books to read. what are some good ones?  i just bought 2 new books but they only have 531 pages in total so they will last maybe a day or 2. has anyone else read the marked series? or milkweed? i am reading the most recent book of the marked series and milkweed(the 2 i just bought)

(Brittany) #2

I know that you love twilight. I have a series of books called The Blue Bloods and it's about vampires. I'm waiting for the author to write the next book. She needs to write faster. lol. The author is Melissa De La Cruz. She is a very good writer. I think you should check them out. I'm pretty sure you'll like them. :)

(figure skater girl) #3

the marked series is about vampires too but it is completly different from twilight.

(Sarah_0776) #4

My favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury, Robin Jones Gunn, Melody Carlson, and Nicholas Sparks. Jodi Picoult also has some great books. I'd assume that you read mostly out of the young adult section, though, based on what you said you've just finished reading. Almost everything I read is from the adult fiction section, so I'm not sure if you'd be into them. I would highly recommend Karen Kingsbury, though. She writes at adult level, but her books are amazing. Robin Jones Gunn and Melody Carlson have some young adult books too that I read at about your age, so you could check those out. Nicholas Sparks might be a little bit too oldish for you, but if you like romance, you could check him out too.

I don't really have any recommendations for you from the young adults section, though. I've stopped even looking for books there, because it seems like almost every book in that age group is fantasy, unfortunately. I think Jodi Picoult could be considered young adult or adult fiction/drama.

(system) #5

i read milkweed quite a few years ago, but i remember it being a good  book.

the harry potter books are a good series. they have a few longer ones that might keep you occupied for up to a week :o) there is also a series of books (3 so far) by libba bray. i can't remember what the first one is called but the sequel is called "rebel angels." interesting books--they're about magic, of sorts.

jerry spinelli is a great author. as a kid and then again in a teaching setting i read a lot of his books. what other good books have i read that would fit your age? tuck everlasting is a good one (don't see the movie though, it's horrible). homeless bird. there's another group of books by lois lowry who is another amazing author. i don't remember the order they go in, but there's "the giver" "the messenger" "gathering blue" and another one i'm forgetting. and, of course, there's LOTR (including The Hobbit) by jrr tolkien.

i have over 300 books packed away in storage. i just moved and don't have a place for all my books. i have a bunch of nutrition textbooks you can read. they're a couple thousand pages of 26-letter long words. that should keep you busy :D

(Sarah_0776) #6

[quote user="C"]there is also a series of books (3 so far) by libba bray. i can't remember what the first one is called but the sequel is called "rebel angels." interesting books--they're about magic, of sorts.[/quote]

A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing. My sister's read all of them and loves them. I remember I wanted to read A Great and Terrible Beauty a long time ago when the other two hadn't come out yet, but I never did for some reason.

I also read many Lois Lowry books in middle school. Margaret Peterson Haddix and Mary Downing Hahn were also favorites of mine at that age. I was really into mystery/horror/suspense then. They were great books. I'm more into Christian romance, medical dramas, and realistic fiction these days. I still like an occasional suspense book, though.

(system) #7

i'm reading "pride and prejudice and zombies" right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

small book, but its pretty entertaining and i'm only 40pages in! it's the original book cut down by 2/3 and it's got "the unmentionables" aka zombies. it's not scary either! there's only a bit of zombie stuff here and there.

(Anonymous) #8

[quote user="Batts"]

i'm reading "pride and prejudice and zombies" right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

small book, but its pretty entertaining and i'm only 40pages in! it's the original book cut down by 2/3 and it's got "the unmentionables" aka zombies. it's not scary either! there's only a bit of zombie stuff here and there.

[/quote]

I have to  check this out. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

(sarbar19) #9

It depends on what kind of series/books you like. A series that I LOVED was the "Alice" books. It begins with 3 Prequels that are a really easy read:

Starting With Alice, Alice in Blunderland and Lovingly Alice.

Then there is the entire series:

The Agony of Alice, Alice in Rapture-Sort Of, Reluctantly Alice, All but Alice, Alice in April, Aline In-Between, Alice the Brave, Alice in Lace, Outrageously Alice, The Grooming of Alice, Alice Alone, Simply Alice, Patiently Alice, Including Alice, Alice on Her Way, Alice in the Know, Dangerously Alice, Almost Alice and Intensely Alice

As Alice gets older, the books get more difficult. Each book is another year of her life. It starts when shes about 7 I think.

Another good series is the "Confessions of Georgia Nicholson", which is about this British girl. It's really funny, but it's not for everyone.

Hope this helps :)

(Brittany) #10

I've read some of the Alice books. I've read Lovingly Alice, Reluctantly Alice, Simply Alice, Patiently Alice, Including Alice, Alice on Her Way, Dangerously Alice,  Almost Alice. I love them. I especially like the one where she and Tony date. That one is really good.

(fritosnchili) #11

I love The Clique Series, I got hooked.

I have diabetes.... I could have a low and eat you

(system) #12

[quote user="Happy Vegan"]

I have to  check this out. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

[/quote]

i'm about half way done. it's good..it's not anything AMAZING but it's entertaining for sure.