GUARDIAN sensor not working

(Helen) #1

I’m a very new user to pump, about 1 month, I just got my CGM on friday and today it was updating. My sensor is now not working! Only had it for 4 days and was fine until today. Anyone else have this issue? Am going to call Medtronics and see if they can replace it. I guess I’m more annoyed that it only lasted 4 days. Is this typical?

(Tracey) #2

I’ve had issues with my sensors before, also. Medtronic has told me to just give it a breather (basically turn it off for an hour or 2.) Then turn it back on. If that doesn’t work, you can always call them back. It could be the one sensor that’s bad. If it is, I’m sure they will replace it.

(Helen) #3

Thanks Tracy, disconnect then reconnect? Tried a new box, will see how that works!

(Kathy) #4

A number of us experience early failures of the sensor via the “updating sensor” message. There are a number of reasons for - Medtronics tech support can help you troubleshoot what is happening. They will replace early failure sensors (especially since you are just starting out).

As for my situation, I have found that sensors just don’t work right on my abdomen. I can only get 1 - 5 days (usually around 3). I have moved to my thighs. I get 7 days, occasionally 6.5. You might want to talk to your doctor or trainer and see if they have other suggestions. Many have had good luck with their arms.

It might take a little while to figure out what works for you. Put a plan together (your trainer should be able to help) and take it one step at a time to help you work through the “figure it out” process.

Good luck