Has anyone used the Insulon to aid with injections

(Debbiefran) #1

I am interested in using the insulon for giving insulin injections with my five year old who hates getting her injections... 

Is there anyone who uses them for their injections...

Is it painful to initally insert?More or less painful than injections with a syringe.  Ease of injectioning the insulon into the skin?....  can you buy them online or in a walgreens, cost..  It seems like a good aid for giving injections...

(FFA_RodeoStar) #2

for a long time when i had trouble with shots i used an injectease. you just put the syringe in it and load it and it injects. it helped a lot

(2Sweet4U) #3

[quote user="FFA_RodeoStar"]

for a long time when i had trouble with shots i used an injectease. you just put the syringe in it and load it and it injects. it helped a lot

[/quote]

yeah yeah!!! I saw this post and I was like, oh yeah I remember that! lol. Yeah I could never do my own shots...my mom did them for over a year (I was 13 years old, just afraid of needles!). then I got the inject-ease and I started doing them myself. It's a spring-loaded thing, you set the syringe in and then push a button on the side of it. You don't have to see the needle going into the body (which was my problem) and it does it quickly, which I think reduces the pain whereas putting it in slowly makes it more painful.