Have you ever

(cdavid1) #1

been so angry with someone where you start shaking and your bs goes out of control?

I'm experiencing this now, at 1:30 in the morning while I have to work tomorrow.

(CHLjoe) #2

Yes a few times.  The person was quite deft at getting under my skin and managed to do so during a rather inopportune time.  Took awhile to get everything back under control too.

(Gina) #3

absolutely! this happens all the time. but im also forever angry so i may not count.

(Anonymous) #4

Yes! This is my normal response to my birth mother who can raise my sugar at any given time. Sometimes I call her when I am low just so I  can get my sugar up faster. Hang in there sweetie :)

(cdavid1) #5

I was actually sick to my stomach yesterday and yelled at my boyfriend because he made me so mad.

(Anonymous) #6

I hope that you are feeling better now.
Sometimes the best way to deal with these situations is to walk away for the time being. People who are not well informed about how stress can throw our sugars off may want to continue the discussion/argument etc, but you need to do what you need to do to make yourself feel better. If you live with the person, go in another room and close the door, if you are on the phone hang up. You can deal with whatever it is once you are feeling better. If someone continues to treat me in such a way that it affects my sugars negatively, I tell them, and if they still continue this behavior I simply remove them from my life. It may sound harsh but I think my health and well being is more important in the long run. I wish you the best :)

(DDrumminMan) #7

Not the shaking part, but last week my wife put me on a about 8 day silent treatment.  I was so mad and upset and RRRRRRR.   My blood sugar was high at times of day it's never high.  Luckily she has called off the dogs and things are much better now, but yeah.

(BrianPQuinn) #8

It's funny the other day I was trying to pinpoint a sudden spike in my sugar. All night I was hovering around 90 according to my CGM same thing as I started my day. About a half hour later before mass started still around 90 I got ticked off at something that somebody said to me. So all throughout the liturgy I was really perturbed yet trying to stay focused and calm since I am at mass trying to pray. Any way post liturgy my CGM tells me I had spiked to 207 for no reason.

I wonder if that is what caused it.

(Anonymous) #9

[quote user="Brian"]

It's funny the other day I was trying to pinpoint a sudden spike in my sugar. All night I was hovering around 90 according to my CGM same thing as I started my day. About a half hour later before mass started still around 90 I got ticked off at something that somebody said to me. So all throughout the liturgy I was really perturbed yet trying to stay focused and calm since I am at mass trying to pray. Any way post liturgy my CGM tells me I had spiked to 207 for no reason.

I wonder if that is what caused it.

[/quote]

Possibly. I have noticed that whenever I am running high and I try to concentrate on anything,  I only end up raising my sugars more. I realize though that you were in a situation at the time where you could not excuse yourself to rest.

(BrianPQuinn) #10

Yeah, it was just odd that it happened and I am used to random things. I mean technically I was praying and such so I was rested, but since I was irritated it must have just spiked.

(MaDEvans) #11

usually when i go low i'm too fatigued to do anything.  i have noticed though that my blood sugar drops whenever i go home and visit my parents...... hahahahaha.

(cdavid1) #12

My boyfriend had just really frustrated me that day. Things are a lot better now. But, he just started on anti-anxiety meds because obviously he gets overly anxious about some situations. And it's been really hard the past few weeks. I think the medicine is helping a lot. But he has been saying things like I want to worry about myself right now not you. And that tends to hurt a little. But, as long as he is happy that's all that matters.