Hey JDRF!

(A-D) #1

Okay, you may already be way ahead of me on this (or have crossed it off the list for a bunch of reasons I didn’t imagine) but here is what I was thinking:

How cool would it be to do a study of the Juvenation population asking about the following:

·         A1C’s pre-Juvenation vs. Post Juvenation

·         Have you found you are paying more or better attention to your diabetes since joining the site

·         Which if any of the following do you feel like you’ve improved since joining:

o    Your knowledge about available treatments

o    Your ability to make use of the tools you are currently prescribed

o    Your overall emotional health with regard to your diabetes

o    Your sense of involvement in the diabetes community

o    Your sense of belonging / being more mainstream

·         How often were you focused on good diabetes control before Juvenation

o    < 1x per day

o    Only thought about it 1-5 times per day

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day

·         How often were you focused on good diabetes control after Juvenation

o    < 1x per day

o    Only thought about it 1-5 times per day

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day

·         On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness?

I don’t know- it was an off the top of my head idea… What do you all think?!?!?!? Any questions you think should be added/deleted? 

If JDRF wanted to open Juvenation up to a statistical study, would you be willing to sign up for it?  Why or why not???

I was thinking about this because we have such a wonderful and diverse group here, and I can’t help but suspect the benefits are both emotional and clinical and I was thinking it may be really neat to see that published in some sort of quantitative analysis…  Then again… I could just be nuts!

Cheers!

A-D

(Julia1982) #2

I think it sounds like a great idea. I would definately participate.

(type1at18) #3

you should post this under the input/feedback group

or talk to Gina.

Sounds like a great idea!

(whatruhere4) #4

i never really thought about that. 

(A-D) #5

Melissa AKA Mel,

The more I thought about it, I realized they'll probably need to add a requirement that people post at least on item 2-3 times a week so they can be certain it's a difference in active members...  Of course, I'm not even sure any of the JDRF folks are reading my posts, LOL

Cheers!

A-D

(whatruhere4) #6

hey who knows maybe they are "lurkers", oh another part of that survey could be where everyone is from and what kind of out reach do we all get or participate in.

(jayjay19936) #7

A-D,

Yea i would be totally up for it. that would be an awesome experament

(Anonymous) #8

[quote user="A-D"]

Of course, I'm not even sure any of the JDRF folks are reading my posts, LOL

Cheers!

A-D

[/quote]

First off, I think that's a really great idea. I'd do it. But then again my "social" life pretty much consists of Juvenation, so I'd participate in just about anything on here. :)

Second, A-D:
That reminds me of my doctor. I was at an appointment a few weeks ago and I was telling her about Juvenation. She told me how she sometimes logs onto these sights to see what people are saying :) That cracks me up. So I'm always curious if one of my posts will get back to her at some point. That'd be funny.

(Gina) #9

I think this is a cool idea. I will ask the JDRF if they would like to make a poll/survey for us.

(stilledlife) #10

Off the top of your head?? =p

It is a good idea, I want to see what other people have to say.

(Gina) #11

The JDRF is looking into this. Will let you all know when i do.

(whatruhere4) #12

cool as a cucumber. :D

(A-D) #13

stilledlife,

LOL, given some of your recent notoriety and some of our conversations, I see why you’d ask… But no, this was based on a discussion I was having with my father.  I was telling him that I thought being active on here was helping me refine my control because it kept my D a little more prominently in my mind and was encouraging me to think things through from more dimensions as I went... He mentioned that he had seen some research that was done with support groups that seemed encouraging and it got me thinking about whether or not the “juvenation phenomenon” may be worth studying…

Cheers!

A-D