Hi!

(Mwoot2015) #1

Hi! My name is Madeleine Brown and I am 16 years old. I was diagnosed at the age of 15 on February 27th, 2016. So, I’m newly diagnosed! I was devastated when first diagnosed but, through support with family and friends, I accepted it and conquer it everyday! I’d love to talk to others about their experiences when first being diagnosed, as all of our stories are similar but still so different! Don’t hesitate to message!!

(dpombo) #2

Hi Madeleine!

Welcome to the club! lol

A little about me: I’m 18 and a senior in high school. I was diagnosed when I was 11 and have been struggling with it since. I, however, have found that although at times it makes my life harder, it as soon me what I am supposed to do for my career (which is a good thing because it makes applying to colleges a heck of a lot easier)! Right now I am pursuing the path of a ped endo and hope I can help make our lives easier.

I hope you are adjusting well. I know its not easy, in fact, its the hardest thing I have ever gone through. But, just know that a lot of us, most of us, come out a hell of a lot strong because of this! I have plenty of funny/hard/empowering diabetes stories and tricks if you need one.

Please feel free to message me at any time. I’m here to talk if you need it.

Daniella