Hi!

(Jana B.) #1

Just wanted to say hello & introduce myself!

I'm Mom to Payton, a precious 11 yr. old boy diagnosed March 2008. We've had a lost of struggles during the first year. I'm so glad to have  found this site, & look forward to getting to know, & share with people. :-)

(anlig) #2

Hello there! I just found this site 2 days ago and it is so great to not feel so alone with the struggles of T1 diabetes.  I'm Mom to an amazing 9 year old boy and he was diagnosed 3 years ago.  The first year was so hard! But, it really does get easier. I am amazed every day at how well my son handles it all.  Does Payton pump or inject?

Andrea

(stanandkathie) #3

I only found this site a little over a week ago and I have been helped tremendously!!!  I have a daughter, Destiny, with Type 1.  She was diagnosed in May 08 at the age of 4.  We are about to celebrate 1 year of diabetes and we have definatley had some ups and downs.

(jeffsmom) #4

Hi Jana,

My son Jeff, is 9, diagnosed October 08. We are still in our 1st year, and yes, lots of struggles! Thanks for sharing:) I have two teenage girls also, ages 15 and 17, and it's hard for them too, because I am so absorbed in Jeff's care.

Anne

(cschultz) #5

My Daughter Taylor was diagnosed in July 2000 she was 15 months old.  She was put on a pump at 4 years old and now has a cgm.  There are a lot of ups and downs but it is amazing at how tough these children are.  It is does affect the whole family.