I am procrastinating

(JFSalvatore) #1

Who else should be doing something constructive, possibly like reviewing the action potential in post-synaptic membranes of nuerons?

I should be :)

But I am not, I am posting a note.

Not constructive at all ;)

(Anonymous) #2

Mainly I feel I should be writing. Or homework. Or reading.
But I don't plan on moving from this very spot anytime soon :P

(system) #3

that is me every damn day! haha. it's not quite as bad now that i'm out of college, but-oh buddy-i remember many-a time writing a paper at 2am that was due at 8am. i should have majored in procrastination... my gpa would have been awesome. HAHA!

(Anonymous) #4

I am pretty much caught up domestically. What I really should be doing though is brushing/combing my hair. I have really long hair and I put it in a bun after showers, it has probably been about five days since my hair saw a brush. Brushing my hair is something I have always had issues with, it hurts! ha ha

(Anonymous) #5

See, I tend to be on Juvenation the times I should be doing something else :P

(system) #6

i know the feeling HV! my hair isn't as long anymore (i cut off 11 inches last summer, and 12 inches a couple summer before that, and have kept it chopped for awhile now). When I get out of the shower, I usually rub a towel around my head to squeeze out the extra water and then just let it air dry. I rarely ever comb it or brush it, unless I'm making it pretty for a wedding or job interview. How long is your hair? I LOVE long hair. I just started growing it back out again in the last couple months because I miss having it.

(Anonymous) #7

My hair is aprx 22 inches. I have very thin, baby fine hair. I do not need to worry about it being heavy but since it is so fine it tangles like crazy. My husband trims it for me, it has been over a year since he last trimmed it. I keep putting it off ha ha.

(system) #8

i have lots of really really thick, wavy hair so it tangles whenever i pull it into a ponytail (especially when it's wet). i usually put a pound of conditioner in it and that usually gets the tangles out :o) . i trim my hair about every 4 months when i'm trying to grow it out, just so i can get the split ends cut off. your hair is really long! i can't wait to have long hair again *sigh* another 2 years of growing it out :o)

(JFSalvatore) #9

My hair is short. And I'm still procrastinating.

Who wants to write grad school statements of purpose for me? Orrr you can school me on the biological bases of behavior.

Either would be helping me out.

Thank you :)

(system) #10

7 years of college was enough for me, joseph. thanks! :o) good luck with grad school, though! congratulations on such a big endeavour.

(Anonymous) #11

[quote user="Joseph Salvatore"]

My hair is short. And I'm still procrastinating.

Who wants to write grad school statements of purpose for me? Orrr you can school me on the biological bases of behavior.

Either would be helping me out.

Thank you :)

[/quote]

An SoP or a letter of intent can be a daunting task for some. There are probably countless fliers at your University or College offering you tips, as well as links to web sites that will help you. They are all generic and say the same thing.

Personally I look at it like a four part courtship. First you have the intro - The why you even want to give me a minute of your time section. Then you have the bio - Look at my goods, see how well I perform, you won't get this elsewhere. Then you have the future - Look at all the good stuff I will be able to do for you. And Finally you have the 'why this school and not another' question - This one is the easiest- No one else will do but you, it has to be you or no one.

Believe in yourself and you will be fine :)

(JFSalvatore) #12

[quote user="Happy Vegan"]

An SoP or a letter of intent can be a daunting task for some. There are probably countless fliers at your University or College offering you tips, as well as links to web sites that will help you. They are all generic and say the same thing.

Personally I look at it like a four part courtship. First you have the intro - The why you even want to give me a minute of your time section. Then you have the bio - Look at my goods, see how well I perform, you won't get this elsewhere. Then you have the future - Look at all the good stuff I will be able to do for you. And Finally you have the 'why this school and not another' question - This one is the easiest- No one else will do but you, it has to be you or no one.

Believe in yourself and you will be fine :)

[/quote]

Thank you! Very good advice. I am getting frustrated though with the different formats each institution is wanting. And when you have 14 schools to complete full apps by December 1, it gets a little stressful. But, alas, stress is advantageous - that facilitating feeling that puts you in overdrive. Bring it on!

:)

(Anonymous) #13

No problem. Been there already myself.

14 different schools? Wow! You are very determined.

(system) #14

wow. i applied for 5 internships last spring and thought i was doing pretty awesome. i just applied for 1 one this time. good luck, joseph!

(Anonymous) #15

I finally brushed my hair today. Yay me!

(system) #16

congratulations! did you reward yourself? :o)

(Anonymous) #17

Yes. I had pizza for dinner. Loved it.

(system) #18

i usually celebrate when i do something i'm dreading too. i'll usually let myself go shopping. i love to buy books and movies. cds if something good is out.

(Anonymous) #19

That's a good way to treat yourself. You deserve.

(figure skater girl) #20

this post has gone from school to hair!