I spy with my little eye

(mellannie) #1

so today i went to the eye doctor and im shocked at what my prescription is. Usually when i go my prescription changes a lot, but my eyes havent gotten any worse since i went last year. i dont have to spend $500 dollars on new glasses and contacts now!!! :D :D :D :D

(Run D-Link) #2

I think it is quite exciting to pick out a new pair of frames and such, even though the price may not be cheap.  It is a chance to define yourself in an entirely new way.  Your glasses not only determine how you see the world, but also how the world sees you. 

(sarahslp) #3

[quote user="Run D-Link"]

I think it is quite exciting to pick out a new pair of frames and such, even though the price may not be cheap.  It is a chance to define yourself in an entirely new way.  Your glasses not only determine how you see the world, but also how the world sees you. 

[/quote]

Your parents must still be paying for your glasses, lol! I hate when my rx changes too. I'll pay the same for my contacts, but it means paying for new lenses in my glasses...

(since030993) #4

I think I'm gunna have to get glasses next year...I probably should have gotten them this year but I didn't really think i needed them... lately i've been comparing my vision to other people... (can you read that?  you can?  oh...i can't...lol) maybe i'm just aware of it now cuz they told me i needed them... oh well... next year it is...

(system) #5

i'll get an updated contact prescription every year, but i'll only replace the lenses in my glasses about every 5 years, just because it's so expensive. i wear my contacts a majority of the time anyway.

(since030993) #6

which costs more glasses or contacts?

(system) #7

for me, my glasses cost a lot more than contacts. that's why i don't update my glasses very often.

(BrianPQuinn) #8

I love my contacts and my glasses kill me with how much it costs for a stylish pair of frames. Last time I went my prescription had changed slightly so I went with el cheapo pair. I like them, but I find myself still using my old pair. The old pair is so much lighter for some reason.

(Woo Its Pat) #9

[quote user="C"]

for me, my glasses cost a lot more than contacts. that's why i don't update my glasses very often.

[/quote]

glasses cost more for me. that's why i got them 2 steps stronger than my contacts Rx...my glasses cost over $400 while my contacts were covered 100% by insurance. even though my eyes suck

(since030993) #10

i don't know why i thought contacts were more expensive... good to know.  thank's ya'll

(Brittany) #11

I have glasses I got them right after school started. I had a stigmatism and it was bothering me really really bad. I went and I had to get some to help me read. The frames were free but the lenses were like $200. Next time I go I'll have to get some for all the time I'm sure. Right now I'm farsighted but I can't see that good far off anymore. lol. My parents told me that that was a sign that I was getting old! lol. :)

(Sarah_0776) #12

My glasses are covered by insurance, and I believe my sister's contacts are too. I also have an astigmatism, and my glasses are mainly used for reading (although I wear them all the time), so I can't get contacts.

(Mary B) #13

A little side note to this conversation....anyone experience dry eyes due to your diabetes?  I had to stop wearing my contacts ab out 3 years ago because of this.  Is is just me?

(Woo Its Pat) #14

[quote user="Mary B"]

A little side note to this conversation....anyone experience dry eyes due to your diabetes?  I had to stop wearing my contacts ab out 3 years ago because of this.  Is is just me?

[/quote]

i've had contacts since 1999 and have had no issues...other than my sight getting progressively worse over time