Let's buy Iceland

(golfpapabravo06) #1

I'm not sure how much it will cost but we should look into it haha

Iceland  Diabetic Island? The name is open for suggestions.

Who wants in?

(Anonymous) #2

I'm going to have fun with this one :)

(Anonymous) #3

Let's break this down :)
This is the Diabetic Island flag (I'm just playing around, so feel free to ignore me. No, I'm not serious about the flag/previous pic, again: just kidding around). Blue D's for diabetic/diabetes (the colors match Iceland's flag -- thus the blue D's). The red stripes are supposed to look kind of like test strips, if you look closely, along with the white. But it didn't turn out the way I pictured :)

(since030993) #4

I love the flag!  Maybe we can make t-shirts too!  and we can have our own food, and way of doing things, and language!!!  oh i love making up new languages!!!

(since030993) #5

ooo...who will our leaders be?  like i said on that other post...I nominate Gina!

(Anonymous) #6

All hail Gina!! Ha ha

(golfpapabravo06) #7

alyssa you made my day...the flag perfect, the sign was great....you have too much time on your hands hahaha :P

(Anonymous) #8

Don't I know it :) At least it entertained me for the afternoon, Greg. I take it you missed the Gina pic? That one's probably my favorite - I just can't wait until the real Gina sees it, ha ha :)

(golfpapabravo06) #9

haha i saw that! that will be a treat to hear back from her. lol

(Anonymous) #10

OK, I've got another one :) I'm not sure what everyone else's point of view is on what Diabetes Island would be - as far as a relief from diabetes, versus a haven for diabetics - but I always thought this would be kind of cool. It's the sign I'd love to see most... next to "CURE!" :)

(Anonymous) #11

Greg, why Iceland? Just curious

(golfpapabravo06) #12

[quote user="Pat"]

Maybe we should create a diabetic colony somewhere...if we pooled our money we could probably buy Iceland...I heard they were bankrupt :)

[/quote]

Pat suggested it and I seconded it.

(Gina) #13

Alyssa,

LOL! If I really had a wand I would wish for you all not to have diabetes anymore! haha I love the Diabetes Island pic and flag is that the aurora borealis haha

If you were to live on a diabetic island what three items would you bring with you? Non-d related since we are on a diabetic island we definitely have plenty of D-supplies.

(Gina) #14

I will 3rd it? LOL

(golfpapabravo06) #15

i would bring my mac, a video camera, and the complete series of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

(Anonymous) #16

I'm cheating here on my 3 things.

1.) Blueberry juice & sesame snaps are my favorite, but they aren't worth two :) And so here comes the cheat - I photo-edited them together, into a sort of super blue-sesame snack/drink, so technically I can bring them at the same time they count as "one" (not by best job with the photo-editing)

2.) Sneakers -- I'm not a big fan of barefoot

3.) A notebook/paper. If I'm living in Iceland Diabetes Island, heck, I'm going to write it down! (great-- now I've got to morph a pen with that)

(Gina) #17

1. My mac (our island better have free wifi available LOL)

2. My husband (Can't live on an island without him)

3. Makeup (yes, I can't live with out this either LOL)

(CJ1230) #18

1 - my laptop

2 - my bf(can't live without him)

3 - my puppy(can't live without her either)

But then I'd like to bring my parents to so I would have to get one to carry the laptop and luggage and then the other to bring the dog so if I can do that then I would be set to live on Diabetes Island.

CJ

(Woo Its Pat) #19

I like how this has evolved. Can I get credit in our Constitution as the founder of the idea? :P

The exchange rate right now in US Dollars to the Icelandic Krona is 127 Kronas for $1US. This might work out in our favor...

And again I think our leader's title should be the Grand Poobah

(golfpapabravo06) #20

[quote user="Pat"]

I like how this has evolved. Can I get credit in our Constitution as the founder of the idea? :P

The exchange rate right now in US Dollars to the Icelandic Krona is 127 Kronas for $1US. This might work out in our favor...

And again I think our leader's title should be the Grand Poobah

[/quote]

I think we should have a monarchy that's separate from the democracy, this way it could be like an honorary position for founding this state? country?