Let's form a union!

(Sugar-FreeInYYC) #1

So I'm having a terrible day and need a break from this diabetic life.  Of course my diabetic employer is awful and won't allow me to take a 15. 

WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS!

I need a union and I need one now.

Who's with me?!

(Of course we can't let the boss know because they'll burst our union-wanting bubble)

(golfpapabravo06) #2

im in... have you seen "Let's buy Iceland"??? :D

(ThePancreanator) #3

We just need to go up to Washington State and find the Cullens, so we can just get bit and forget our diabetes problems forever.  Haha Sorry, just a little Twilight humor there.  I guess reading the books so quickly, clouded my mind a little!

(Woo Its Pat) #4

I thought Juvenation was a union? Local Diabettus Chapters? Wilford Brimley can be our spokesperson?

(Woo Its Pat) #5

I thought Juvenation was a union? Local Diabeetus Chapters? Wilford Brimley can be our spokesperson?

(Woo Its Pat) #6

...yuck sorry for double triple post I thought I'd hit the 'stop' button in time to correct my spelling mistake.

(system) #7

can we have a union where we dont pay dues??

(golfpapabravo06) #8

[quote user="Batts"]

can we have a union where we dont pay dues??

[/quote]

yeah i dont have a job right nowwww money is a real issue haha

(Sugar-FreeInYYC) #9

Well I'm hoping we can use our 'diabetic' cards and get a sympathy vote to withdraw dues!

(hcole) #10

I think we've paid enough dues to our stupid testing strips... haha.  Blood is enough dues right?

(Doug D) #11

Yeah dues paid in blood is fine - 7 hour days with every other Friday off, 3 month paid sabbaticals to Iceland and company cars - your choice.

(Savs) #12

[quote user="Matt Johnson"]

We just need to go up to Washington State and find the Cullens, so we can just get bit and forget our diabetes problems forever.  Haha Sorry, just a little Twilight humor there.  I guess reading the books so quickly, clouded my mind a little!

[/quote]

Hmm, if that was possible... I wonder if it would it really cure diabetes?

Twilight saga FTW

(CJ1230) #13

Since I saw twilight I've wondered the same thing, I wonder if it would cure us???? Just a thought!!

And I would be in for the union cause maybe then we would at least be understood, and we could all work for the same employer just in our own specialties. And it would make life and working with diabetes that much easier.

But I would also agree that blood for union dues is how I think maybe we should go.

CJ

(Anonymous) #14

Oh my gosh -- it's 1:46 am and my bg is 80, so I'm a little whack. But when I saw this post, I thought it said "Let's form a UNICORN." I did a double take before laughing at myself :)

(BrianPQuinn) #15

Alyssa, you keep seeing the strangest things on the forum. And 80 is usually a good thing, I really only start to go wacky at around 50. And what if we want to form a unicorn. I mean if people can form Voltron why can't the type one's of the world form a Unicorn... Sheesh, you are so closed minded.

(Anonymous) #16

Sheesh, Brian - I'm always having to defend myself after your posts some how!

80 after lemon (yum) pudding and crackers, and I reiterate the time.

Fine. You want a unicorn, dude? You got it :)

(I'm just teasing... not about the unicorn, though ;))

(BrianPQuinn) #17

Well you just said it is 1:00 (granted for me I believe that would be 4:00) in the morning and your sugar is 80, you never mentioned that you had to boost it through other means first... Not to mention in the summer there were days when I was up that early/late. I am not a mind reader, although I always wanted to be. Granted now after knowing people I am much happier not knowing what some people are thinking. Yes A-D I am talking to you!!! :-p

Can the unicorn go on the pink shirt that A-D is buying me???

(Anonymous) #18

If it appeases you, Brian, why not

Would you like the pudding's life story next time I mention a blood sugar?

(Anonymous) #19

PS

It was 1:46!

(BrianPQuinn) #20

Well you could have been craving pudding so you were happy to be at 80 and you had bolused to enjoy the pudding. Again, not a mind reader. And normally I will only mention my number if it is highly entertaining like the 34 I was sporting yesterday afternoon. That leaves no question as to why it is probably not a good number! I know I am a pain in the ... But the OCD in me likes details at time. Yet I took the Type A test and am only had agreements with some of the Type A listings.