Lots of things around diagnostics time

(OmniUser) #1

When I got diagnosed, it was hard, but other things made it worse! First we had moved, wich made me leave my friends behind. 2 weeks later, my grandfather died. Then 1 week later I was diognosed. It made everything worse. Did anyone else have things going around the time you were diognosed?

(figure skater girl) #2

one of my sisters started a new school for dislexik kids. and it was the begining of the school year.

(Carolpumpkin92) #3

i was going to band camp at the time, but the director was really understanding.

(Diabetichick) #4

Well, not too much was going on, but I was diagnosed on my sister's birthday. Also, I couldn't go on vacation that summer, because my mom was super paranoid.

(rach123) #5

I was just a bitty baby (14 months), so i never had to adjust or anything. I cant say whether anything was going on or not i dont remember :)

(OmniUser) #6

Thanks for sharing, its wierd how sometimes lots of other things happen when something REALLY bad happens. Or is it just that we get sensitive and everything seems bad... ?

(Kristina) #7

That's crazy because i was diagnosed one week after my grandma passed away.

(OmniUser) #8

[quote user="Kristina"]

That's crazy because i was diagnosed one week after my grandma passed away.

[/quote]

Whoa! That is crazy.... the same thing happened to the both of us... only that it was your grandma, and my grandpa...

(figure skater girl) #9

when my symptoms got bad, i had just started competing in figure skating

(Anna Marie) #10

When I was diagnosed, I had just moved from the St. Paul MN area to a small SD town of 900 people. I left everyone I knew behind. It was a week before Halloween. I was in third grade and my school let each class have a Halloween party. I began feeling very sick, and had to sit out for most of it, though I insisted on trick-or-treating with my mom and new friend that night. Let's just say my mom ended up carrying me home and I never got to eat my candy that year. I only remember a few minutes of the next day, and for the next few days I was in the ER, mostly uncounscious. I wonder if stress could trigger the pancreas failure... hmmm.

Well I'm glad I got to share with you!!!!