MAP : Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis

(Lilith Dia bet es) #1

Hi everybody ^-^

I recently read an article on Focus, an italian newspaper, on any developments on diabetes.

I translated this through google translator, I hope you can understand something...sorry sorry...

Diabetes: milk may affect.

Milk, or rather, a bacterium that can be transmitted by milk, seems to be the origin of a certain percentage of cases of type 1 diabetes. According to data obtained during a search conducted by a group of microbiologists from the University of Sassari and the Map (Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis), a bacterium "relative" of the bacteria that cause leprosy and TB, accounting for some cases of diabetes . Some figures on the research was released to preview these days (January 2009), a brief study will be published in the international scientific journal Plos One. Leonardo Sechi, coordinator of research, says that according to data collected showed that in 70 percent of cases of type 1 diabetes in Sardinia involved Map. The expert explained that this particular bacterium often infects cattle and thus enters into our food chain. Several studies conducted so far had shown that the Map, in people genetically predisposed, it is often responsible for Crohn's disease and irritable syndrome, this new research shows that the bacterium can induce the development of Type 1 diabetes . An analysis of patients suffering from type 1 diabetes showed that, at least for the Sardinian population, 70 percent of the sample was Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis. The research also revealed another interesting fact, patients with diabetic Map also genetic alteration similar to those of subjects suffering from Crohn's disease. Data similar to those sardi were also found in England at the St. Georges Hospital Medical School University where a group of experts has conducted research in collaboration with the center sardo. The researchers show that diabetes is a 50 per cent by genetic factors and 50 percent by environmental factors. Leonardo Sechi said the map has an incubation period of very long, if present in high concentrations in breast milk is able to resist the process of pasteurization and can be transmitted to humans through the fresh and in some cases even with milk.

(A-D) #2

Lilith Dia bet es,

It is interesting and this follows another statistical analysis study (or two) that I remember reading indicating that there could be some correlation to drinking cow's milk and the development of T1D... 

Still, there is a lot of “it may be this, it could be caused by that…” out in the world.  I think the researchers are doing a great job of circling the target, sooner or later we’ll all hear  a good clear “bull’s-eye,” but I expect there is some ground to cover yet…

Thank you so much for posting this – what a great find and VERY interesting!!!

Cheers,

A-D

(Lilith Dia bet es) #3

Hi A-D,

thank's so much again...I like to keep informed and hope hope hope!!!

bye lilith