Mastering Your Diabetes Program

(Gina) #1

Recently, I was given the opportunity to visit the Diabetes Research Institute in Miami to take a 5 day intensive program in Mastering my Diabetes. Although we all know we can't actually master diabetes per say, we can manage it better and they gave me a better understanding and tools of how to take care of myself better.

I have been writing about each day of my experience during the program and would like to give you all an opportunity to read it on my personal blog. I have only written two so far but, I will add on the rest in the next couple of days. Feel free to leave me a comment on my posts or here!

If any of you have any questions about the program, or how to take the course please feel free to contact me directly!

Day 1

Day 2

(sarahslp) #2

Gina, I read your blog ... very interesting. It sounds like stuff we *should* know, but forget or should fine-tune etc. I'm looking forward to days 3-5. Question, is it only for pump users or also for MDI?

(Gina) #3

Sarah,

It is for both pump users and MDI as well as family members too!

(meme) #4

thank you for this,I'll be following and I hope learning --like the  WAG  !

(Gina) #5

Thanks Meme!

(system) #6

Hi Gina,

Just read some of your blog and just wanted to add to the WAG program. After years as a machine mech. I am well versed in WAG, but you may have not heard of the updated version EWAG (educated wild a#s guess). I am sure after your training EWAG is right for you LOL

PS

I saw another member asking people to look at her pictures. Is there away to see the pictures as I would feel funny asking her as a friend. I am a 53 year old Daddy and soon to be Grandpa and have strong feelings (protective) it doesn't seem right. Sorry just the way I am!

(Gina) #7

Day 3 is up! http://diabetestalkfest.com/blog/?p=252

(Vivian) #8

Gina, thank U so much for sharing with us your experience in DRI Mastering and i' m looking forward to hearing for the rest of the days.
I found the log sheet that you provided extremely useful for me and i already use it as my diabetes diary.
I hope more friends from the site will find it useful as well.
BR Vivian