Minimed Transmitter Problem.....help!

(dippydogd) #1

My transmitter died and Minimed told me that it is because the internal battery is depleted and that there is nothing I can do and that I have to buy a new one for $650.00!!!!  Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do?  Is there a way to get the internal battery back up and running?  The thing is only a year and a half old and I spent $1000.00 on it.

Help!!

(stilledlife) #2

Woah, that is a major problem... only a year and the battery dies? You gotta research this and see if it is recall worthy.

Be sure to file an official complaint with the company because they need to be aware of the problem with your model number. the problem could be more wide spread then just a flaw in yours.

(dippydogd) #3

Thanks.  I have.  They say that it is a rare issue and there is nothing more for me to do except buy a new one.  Ugh.

(LindaFernandez) #4

It should be under warranty for 4 years.  My daughter's failed and they sent us a new one overnight.

(OmniUser) #5

Did you sign up for the warranty?

(Gina) #6

Yea I was going to say the same thing as the others shouldn't it be under warranty? I would call back Minimed something doesn't seem right...

(Steve) #7

I found this community by googling your question.  My transmitter is a year and a half old, and the same thing is happening.  It hasn't been working really well for the last six months or so, but now the batt. won't hold a charge for more than a few minutes.  Minimed wants $650 to replace it.  They sent me a new charger for free though, but that did nothing.  They charge such a high price for the sensors, but won't stand behind the transmitter for more than a six month warranty.  I don't remember that being part of the sales pitch!  Won't impress the insurance companies much either I'll bet...Im interested to hear what you do...Wish I had an answer!