My Christmas Wish: A Pump that works with iPhone

(red) #1

In my blog last night, I wrote about wanting an iPhone app that could talk to the pump, the glucometer and send alerts via text or email in case of an emergency (you can read the full blog post here).

If you could ask for anything about making diabetes better this Holiday, what would YOU wish for?

C'mon Santa, I promise we've been good!

(type1at18) #2

As long as it works for the iPod Touch too I'm ALL for that! I love the idea!!!

(Run D-Link) #3

A cure.

(Max) #4

A cure would be nice.

(Nads) #5

I admit it, I hesitated to answer this question, because "a cure" seemed to be the obvious answer.

If that is not within Santa/the Angel/whomever's powers, I would love to simply have an end to the fear that I have every time I feel something a little "off" with my body.  After 36 years of being a T1D, I seem to always say to myself "What now?"

(Gina) #6

[quote user="Red Maxwell"]

In my blog last night, I wrote about wanting an iPhone app that could talk to the pump, the glucometer and send alerts via text or email in case of an emergency (you can read the full blog post here).

If you could ask for anything about making diabetes better this Holiday, what would YOU wish for?

C'mon Santa, I promise we've been good!

[/quote]

Red have you seen glucose buddy? http://beta.glucosebuddy.com/

(red) #7

Glucose buddy is cool, but it only gets us 40% of the way there. What if the iPhone or iPod Touch controlled the omnipod? Then we'd be talking.

Here's another diabetes wish I hope for this Holiday- the launch of the artificial pancreas. Some may not consider this a cure for Christmas, but I think it would come darn close.

(ajax) #8

I'd wish for an end to the fear I have every time I go running. 

Or some colored manual insertion infusion sets. 

(cdavid1) #9

[quote user="ajax"]

I'd wish for an end to the fear I have every time I go running. 

Or some colored manual insertion infusion sets. 

[/quote]

It's funny to see that a colored manual insertion set is that high on your list. I wish all my tubing was pink :)

(kimi) #10

For all of us parents with children with  Type I -- less worry and fear and a good nights sleep!!!!

Kim

(buckit) #11

I'd like to see a built in glucose monitor in a phone. That would make my day.

(Aggie_Girl_10) #12

Courtney...pink tubing would be super awesome!!! LOL!!!! I think i'm with everybody else a cure would be nice!

(cdavid1) #13

[quote user="Kimi (Aggie_Girl_10) "]

Courtney...pink tubing would be super awesome!!! LOL!!!! I think i'm with everybody else a cure would be nice!

[/quote]

People already think it's a cell phone or mp3 player, why not make it look even more like one!?

(BrianPQuinn) #14

My two front teeth... Oh wait, no wrong thing. As for the colored insertion sets. Animas has many colors for the infusion sets. I know you can order insulin cartridges out there that would work with various pumps and the animas luer connector. Pink tubing would be interesting, just not for me. 

I would like to have something as Red put it to work with my iTouch or an iPhone. I know it wouldn't be a tester, but an app that would work with both my pump and CGM. 

My first answer would have been a cure though as well. 

(diabetic-angel) #15

I am sure everyone would enjoy a cure but I am not wishing for a cure. I have everything I need. My health is better than ever, i have amazing and supportive friends/family, and i have a dream that i am working towards. I wanna pursue a career in medicine. So whether there is a cure or not, diabetes has changed my life for the better and i dont mind having it.  MERRY CHRISTMAS JUVENATION!!!!!

(red) #16

Lauren- I love your attitude. A Christmas wish that's almost as wonderful as a "cure" is your successful treatment of the disease that allows you to live your life fully. That's a gift most of us can attain and should never take for granted.

(diabetic-angel) #17

Yea, i used to always wonder, why did i get diagnosed with diabetes. Why couldn't this happen to someone else. Once I attended diabetes camp, received my insulin pump, and joined Juvenation, things started to fall into perspective for me. I now understand that nothing could have been done to stop the diagnosis. I can live with diabetes and show other non-diabetics that I am the same as them. Diabetes is a blessing to me. It keeps my family supportive and active in my life. It makes my friends curious and want to learn more about diabetes. It also makes me strive for greatness and ever since being diagnosed in 2007, I realize that I want to become an Endocrinologist.

(meme) #18

A Cure-I believe it can happen ....

(Aneka) #19

agreed!

(Aneka) #20

yes i have the little pink infusion but the tubings all clear! :(