Peer Support for Adolescents with Type 1 diabetes

(mrcaswell) #1
  • Are you an adolescent (12-16 yrs old) with type 1 diabetes?
  • Have you also been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for 6 months or more?
  • Are you a parent of an adolescent with type 1 diabetes?
  • Would you be interested in participating in a project on peer support?

If you answered YES to any these questions, please participate in a project examining peer support for adolescents with type 1 diabetes.*

Hello, my name is Meghan Caswell-Pohl and I have been a type 1 diabetic for 14 years. I am a student at Central Michigan University and am interested in learning how to help children and adolescents with diabetes. My project is trying to measure the amount of peer support that adolescents with diabetes receive. You will also be asked to nominate a friend to participate in the study. All of your information will be kept confidential and in a secure, locked storage unit. As a token of appreciation for your participation, you will receive a gift certificate.

If you are interested in participating in the study and you are a/an…

Adolescent with diabetes: Please share this posting and your interest with your parents. Your parents will also have to give their permission for you to participate in this project.

Parent of adolescent with diabetes: Please share this posting and your interest with your son/daughter with diabetes. In addition to your consent, your son/daughter will be asked to give their assent to participate in the project.

Please contact Meghan Caswell-Pohl at mrcaswell@gmail.com with the following information:

·         Subject: Diabetes Project

·         Adolescent name

·         Parent(s) name

·         Contact email and/or phone number

This blog does not guarantee participation in the project.