Pen pal!

(BookwormNerd13) #1

Hi all!
I’m Abby! I’m new to this website. I’ve had T1D since I was 7 years old (I’m now 15) and I’d love to connect with other T1D folks my age. Here’s a little bit about me:
~I live in the suburbs of Chicago
~I play flute in my school band
~I love math and science (I want to be a doctor someday)
~I’m a total Broadway nerd (Hamilton, In the Heights, Dear Evan Hansen, Newsies, Waitress, etc)
~I’m a singles player in my school tennis team
~I looooooooove Harry Potter (Gryffindor!!) and Lord of the Rings (Legolas is my fave heart eyes) and pretty much all other books
Please reach out to me at abigaelparrish13@gmail.com if you want to be pen pals! <3

(hopper166) #2

Hi! I’m Gabrielle,14 and have had diabetes for almost 10 years… I’ve been searching for a diabetic friend to talk to and would really like to be pen pals with you! Just leery me know if yippy want to talk! :slight_smile:

(BookwormNerd13) #3

Hey Gabrielle! Nice to meet you! If you want to email me, my email address is abigaelparrish13@gmail.com. Also, if you have Snapchat, I can add you to our T1D teens group chat! My username is bookwormnerd13. :slight_smile:
I look forward to chatting with you!

(Kathryn M.) #4

Hey Abby!
I’m a little younger than you, at thirteen, but I’ve had diabetes for 9 years, and I noticed we have a lot in common. I love Hamilton, In the Heights, Harry Potter (I’m in Slytherin though), and Lord of the Rings (but Aragorn is my favorite), and I play the flute in my middle school band! I would love to talk with you more, and I really need something to do during the week haha.
Hope we can talk soon!

(Savannah) #5

I’m 13 I’ve had t1d since I was 12

(BookwormNerd13) #6

Hey Kathryn!
OMG it’s like we’re twins!!! We legit have everything in common! (Also I just have to say you have suchhhhh a pretty name)
If you have Snapchat, you can add me at bookwormnerd13; otherwise, my email is abigaelparrish13@gmail.com.
I can’t wait to talk to you! :smile:

(Gwendolyn) #7

Hi Abby! My name is Gwendolyn, Gwen for short. I’m 14 and I was diagnosed when I was 12.

(Nina) #8

Hey Abby! I would love to get to know you! I am also 15 years old.

(Kalei) #9

Hi! I’m Kalei Pollock and i’m 13 years old. I was diagnosed when I was seven.
I play the clarinet in my school band
I love to surf, snorkel, swim
I play soccer, I’m a midfielder
i’m new to this website and I’m super excited to make some diabetic friends because I don’t have a ton of them where I live.

(Sara Kerkemeyer ) #10

Hi I am Sara! I am 15 almost 16 I am looking for some friends

(Liz) #11

I’m Liz! I’m also kinda new haha im 20 minutes in. I got diagnosed just after my 12th birthday 5 years ago. I am 16 now, going on 17 in September. I live in South Texas, I play piano (but in school, i’m a competitive swimmer), I LOVE math and everyone calls me weird for it, I love musicals (Newsies, In the Heights, Rent, Wicked, and most of all, the Phantom of the Opera) I LOVE LOVE harry potter but im a total slytherin hahah. I am all for the middle earth world, Legolas is wowza. I am a total book nerd for fantasy, and fiction. I’m also a heavy music junkie. my email is elizabeth.a.hdz914@gmail.com if anything! :))

(Sara Kerkemeyer ) #12

Hi Liz! I will definitely email you. I would love to become friends

(Liz) #13

awesome! I’ll receive your email soon hopefully! :slight_smile: <3

(Dennis J. Dacey, PwD) #14

Liz @ealeyda, A Warm Welcome to TypeOneNation!

I really like how you introduced yourself here and I certainly hope that you will continue - you and I have many similar likes and I’d certainly like to be your friend - but we are of very different generations. If I happened to be 60 years younger, we could sing and dance with me being the “17 going on 18 to your 16 going on 17”.