Pump Accessories

(EmilyR) #1

I will be starting on a pump in September. I am still not sure which pump I am going to choose, but I am doing my homework. I am excited to get on the pump, but I am also a anxious about giving up the needles. It sounds silly, but one of the things I am anxious about is wearing the pump--where do I attach it for dresses, slim-cut pants etc. I know there are bands to put around your thighs, calves and for your bra. I want to get a few of these things ahead of time so I have some options for wearing the pump right away. Any suggestions on what accessories are must-haves?

(stilledlife) #2

Although you will always notice where your pump is hidden, the untrained eye who is not looking for it will never notice it. I often just place my pump inside my tights if I am wearing a dress and the leggings hold it firmly in place. I have also altered dressed so I can easily reach inside and pull it out without having to reach up my skirt (because that looks a little silly.)

Sorry, I've never owned any of the accessories so I can't tell you much about what is on the market.

(Fred) #3

We got a few pump holders on e-bay from this store  http://stores.shop.ebay.com/PUMPN-IN-STYLE__W0QQ_armrsZ1 

Very pleased with the quality and price.  Highly recommend and we will purchase more for our daughter in the future. I think most shown are waist bands, but they do custom waist sizes, so they can surely make the band whatever size you want, for arm, leg.

(jen.h) #4

I've also never bought any of the accessories but agree that, to the untrained eye, the pump can very easily be hidden! I often keep mine in the side of my bra and don't even notice it's there anymore! 

(EmilyR) #5

Thanks for all your insights! I am fixating on actually wearing the pump. I have heard a number of times now that it is easy to do and discreet. I think I will change my strategy and start by wearing the pump and then figure out what accessories I might need. Thank you all for your help--I really appreciate it!

(CJ1230) #6

Hi Emily,

Well I've been wearing a pump for 6 yrs, recently got the minimed 722. And got 2 different holsters with the pump(which slide right onto your pants) and most people think it's some kind of pager or mp3 player. I have a leather holster and it covers it completly so it just looks like a cell phone. I also have a bra holder for my pump and I don't really like it because it always looks like I'm doing something very strange when I give in public.(I get the very weird looks from others!!!) And I just recently got 2 new holsters 1 is made of a backpack material which I wear when I don't have to wear a belt and the other is made out of a wetsuit material and it just slides right onto your belt and I love both of them. When I wear them no one knows it's my pump and they are easy to get to when I have to give or check alarms. All of them are offered through the company and all of them except for the leather one are pretty good prices.

CJ