Sensor Insertion Sites: What Works for You?

(Madeline) #1

Hello T1D community!

This is my first post here, and I could really use some help and advice :slight_smile:

I am new to wearing a sensor. I switched from the Animas pump (which I was on for about 15 years) to the 670g a few months ago, and started wearing the Guardian 6 sensor.

I have been inserting the sensor on my upper thighs for weeks now, and it seemed to be working really well. I try to avoid using my stomach because I don’t have a lot of “meat” there to use, so it’s usually painful.

Lately, I have been having issues with my sensors not working. They go through the warm-up, and then they won’t accept the calibrations…so I have to change the sensor. I’m wondering if it’s because of the sites I am using.

So here is my questions: Where do you wear your sensor? How creative do you get with choosing a spot to insert it? Again, the stomach is not desirable…but I am open to hearing your thoughts! Does anyone else use their leg?

So happy to be a part of this community. Thanks for your help!

-Madeline

(joe) #2

@mdrsinger hi Madeline,

you can use any of these sites:

infusion%20sites

for either the sensor and for your infusion sets.I can’t use my stomach at all due to pain. YES- sensor sites can affect how they work. trial-and-error works for me. good luck! Welcome to TypeOneNation!

(Madeline) #3

Thank you for your help!