Soda pop

(KC_Casey) #1

when you guys drike diet soda do you read it any way to make shure it is.

well i dont and i should have a mouth ago becuse i bought a soda called diet crush and it had half the carbs in it then the rill crush. i got a rilly bad stomuik ack and about though up when i got home so. so wich brings me to this becarfull what you drink and or eat its not safe any more for diabetcs any more.

(allyriker) #2

HEY... actually I never check my diet pops... THANKS FOR THE WARNING!!

Im going to go and look right now! HEEH

THANKS!! -ally <3

(Eric_Carpenter) #3

Yeah, it's weird how some I have to bolus for some "diet" products, but then there's things like Coke "Zero" that don't advertise as being "diet".

(Anonymous) #4

That's because it's zero :D (yah, I dunno either....)

(KC_Casey) #5

well the probelm was that I love the rill crush but it tast desuting becues i dont drike pure suger any more. so i thoght mmhmm sounds rilly good so i bought  it and thinks its diet whats it going to do to me so i get home i finished it and throw the bottle away and i wasnt feeling to good so i did all the usasly cheackis uren, nothing at all thinking ok what ever did a bg high so i took some insulin ion about a hour i felt better.

(Brittany) #6

I always check even at restraunts or the drive-thru at McDonads. I drink diet Sundrop! It's my faveorite drink in the whole world! Except you can only find it in North Carolina. It has like one or two carbs a serving. I went to a restraunt one time and I asked for unsweet tea and the waitress gave me sweet tea instead! It was so nasty! I always have regular sodas on hand though. I usually drink one if my sugar is low and I can't get it to come back up with anything else. When I have to drink a regular soda my parents laugh at ame because I make this terrible face! Regular soda to me is just disgusting!

(BrianPQuinn) #7

Casey you should try Fanta Zero or Sunkist. Those are safe to drink, no carbs. Diet Crush still has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

(KC_Casey) #8

[quote user="Brian"]

Casey you should try Fanta Zero or Sunkist. Those are safe to drink, no carbs. Diet Crush still has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

[/quote]

thanks for that info brian i will have to remember the High Fructose Corn Syrup

(ThePancreanator) #9

Energy drinks are the same too.  I know sugar free Redbull still shows that it has carbs and Monter's low carb obviously still has some carbs.  If anyone see's a blue Rockstar sugar free drink I recommend trying that.  It's by far my favorite energy drink.  And FYI, my favorite diet soft drink would definitely be Diet Dr. Pepper.  Can't beat it!

(KC_Casey) #10

[quote user="Matt Johnson"]

Energy drinks are the same too.  I know sugar free Redbull still shows that it has carbs and Monter's low carb obviously still has some carbs.  If anyone see's a blue Rockstar sugar free drink I recommend trying that.  It's by far my favorite energy drink.  And FYI, my favorite diet soft drink would definitely be Diet Dr. Pepper.  Can't beat it!

[/quote]

ok i will have to lokk for it  and diet dr peper is great.

(ThePancreanator) #11

I'm telling you.  This drink is the bomb!!!!

(BrianPQuinn) #12

Energy drinks scare me. Nothing good can come from them... Says the person who lives off of Diet Mountain Dew. However out of professional courtesy I will try to track one down and give it a shot. Not that I need any extra "energy" running in my system.

(KC_Casey) #13

[/quote]

were do you find them at

(system) #14

[/quote]

I prefer the Monster Lo-Carb drink. Its the blue cans, and I looked on the back and according to my carb ratio, I would only have to take 1/3th of a unit of insulin for it. and it tastes soooooooo yummy!

(ThePancreanator) #15

Gas stations of convienance stores.  Places like that have them.  I'm not sure if it's a certain region thing or not, but I'm in NC.  As far as the whole energy drink is concerned, haha I believe I'm building a tolerance to caffeine.  Or an addiction? haha I guess it depends on how you look at it?!?

(KC_Casey) #16

Gas stations of convienance stores.  Places like that have them.  I'm not sure if it's a certain region thing or not, but I'm in NC.  As far as the whole energy drink is concerned, haha I believe I'm building a tolerance to caffeine.  Or an addiction? haha I guess it depends on how you look at it?!?

[/quote]

ok then i will hace to look hopfully i can find it.

(Sugar-FreeInYYC) #17

[/quote]

Ewwwwwwwwwwww Matt, Diet Dr. Pepper?!?!?!? gross.  hahaha best drink EVER.  Diet A&W Root Beer.

or here in Canada we have PC Diet drinks.. they have TONS of flavours.

(CJ1230) #18

Hey Brain,

I didn't think that anyone else liked diet Mountain Dew!! It's my fav. but I can't get it around here, just wondering where you get it?

CJ

(BrianPQuinn) #19

I find it everywhere, the foodstores and most Deli's sell it. If not I go for the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.