Stand Strong

(hailey) #1

Hi everyone,
This isn’t exactly a post about college, however, I wanted to post this in a forum that was frequently visited. This is my personal opinion and I’m sorry if you disagree with what i have to say.

We are living in challenging times. The travel ban ordered by the United States president, followed by the unconscionable violence inflicted on the innocent people at worship in a Quebec City mosque last weekend have set many on edge.

I am a proud Canadian, who believes that strength lies in diversity and inclusion. The world literally would not be as advanced, as it is today without some remarkable people who share different religion, or race. We are a smart generation and we should realize that without the diverse people that make up our world, it would simply just not be the same.
I want to let everyone know that strength lies in numbers, that not everyone shares uneducated, racist views. This fight will be long and hard. But as far as I see it, that when someone attacks a certain group of people. They are attacking us all, because we are all human. We ALL share this earth.

I am here for, and will continue to respect others regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and identities. I want all of you to know that all of the members within this online community are valued.

I wrote this post to stand up to hate. If anyone ever needs someone to talk to I will gladly be there for you.

(Dennis J. Dacey, PwD) #2

THANK YOU Hailey!!! @hailey,

Your words are awesome and will serve to be an inspiration to many others. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts. Thank you for being honest and to speak from your heart. You are a powerful voice for your generation and you give me hope for the future.