Sugar free Jell-o

(paulg765) #1

I've been eating at least two cups of sugar-free Jell-o daily.  Does anyone know if this can make you sick?  Even though I love it, I try not to put too much Cool Whip Free on it because this adds carbs.  Is anyone else suffering from a sugar-free Jell-o addiction.  My favorite flavors are: Peach, Cherry and Raspberry.

(cdavid1) #2

I love the strawberry ones. The only ones my mom ever gets are the cherry that I hate.

(cdavid1) #3

I guess I shouldn't blame it on my mom, I'm old enough to go buy it myself. haha

(orange_mms) #4

I go through periods of time where I eat it almost everyday and other times I don't eat any jello for months at a time.

My favorite jello flavors are Black Cherry and Cherry with cool whip light. I don't usually eat any other flavors, I'm very picky, lol.

Jell-o sugar free puddings are good too. My favorite is Dulce de Leche (Vanilla pudding with caramel, yum.)

(paulg765) #5

[quote user="orange_mms"]

My favorite jello flavors are Black Cherry and Cherry with cool whip light. I don't usually eat any other flavors, I'm very picky, lol.

[/quote]

You mean you don't like the Orange flavor?  I think it's pretty good :)

(orange_mms) #6

I will only eat the orange if I buy the mix and make it myself.  For some reason I think it tastes better that way : )

The black cherry and cherry I buy the cups.

(paulg765) #7

I always buy the mix and make it myself in 2-cup plastic container.  Usually I put it in the freezer for awhile so it gels more quickly.  I have discovered that if you let it freeze completely into a block of ice it will defrost into liquid, not jell-o.  Then I eat the whole two cups in one long sitting while chatting on Juvenation at night... like now, but I already finished tonight's jell-o (:

(Sarah_0776) #8

I love jell-o too, but for some odd reason, it gives me a headache. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. I just remember that one of my friends used to bring in jell-o to class on her birthday because she didn't like cake, and I would never eat it because it gives me a headache. I love it though, and it makes a good low carb snack. If I'm up to dealing with a headache, I like strawberry and lime. I don't have it often though because of the headaches.

(Gina) #9

I eat it all the time and i never have a problem. Cherry is my poison or raspberry. If anything i would think i would get sick from the sugar free pops. I eat a box a day.

(figure skater girl) #10

i dont like jello that much anyway but i have eaten it. tastes just like sugary jello

(ajax) #11

I love it!

It is sweetened using aspartame, though, so some people might have odd reactions to it. I have an uncle who thought he had a brain tumor because he was getting all sorts of weird neurological symptoms, and then he cut aspartame out of his diet and felt totally better within 2 days.

If you aren't sensitive to aspartame, though, I can't think why it would be a problem.

(Sarah_0776) #12

[quote user="ajax"]

It is sweetened using aspartame, though, so some people might have odd reactions to it. I have an uncle who thought he had a brain tumor because he was getting all sorts of weird neurological symptoms, and then he cut aspartame out of his diet and felt totally better within 2 days.

If you aren't sensitive to aspartame, though, I can't think why it would be a problem.

[/quote]

I'm not sure what it is that gives me the headaches, because regular jell-o does it too, not just the sugar-free stuff. Who knows?