T1D in Seattle

(Alyxis) #1

Hi there, I am newly diagnosed and living in Seattle area hoping to find a few people to connect with. I am 26 and a mom struggling to balance everything. I am the only one among friends and family that has diabetes, so definitely in need to talk to someone in my same situation.

(ttlarkin) #2

Hi, I’m a father with 2 daughters and was the first person in my family diagnosed with T1. I’ve had T1 for almost 10 years and it’s a constant battle. I got involved in studies at the Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason in Seattle and that has been a huge help. I wear a CGM and pump. Please let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes. Tom

(jayne) #3

hey, i live in Edmonds and have had diabetes for almost 23 years, i am 27 and also the only person in my family or friends with it. jaynedeec@gmail.com. email me, i could appreciate someone who understands as well.

(Ashley) #4

Hi there! I live in the Olympia area, I’m 24 and also newly diagnosed. Its been about two months since my five day stay in the icu being DKA and I’ve been having a really hard time accepting everything going on. Please feel free to reach out to me and maybe we can bounce some thoughts off of each other.

(Alyxis) #5

Hi Ashley, I am glad you are out of the ICU and hope you are getting along. Feel free to email me at alyxislight@icloud.com