Tandem t:slim X2 insulin pump with Dexcom 5 CGM user opinions?

(Brent) #1

I have used an insulin pump to manage my diabetes for over fifteen years. I am currently using an ACCU-Chek Spirit Combo pump with Humalog, an ACCU-Chek Aviva Combo meter, and a Dexcom G4 Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM). The ACCU-Chek Spirit pump has been discontinued, so I am considering a new pump and CGM system. I am considering the Tandem t:slim X2 insulin pump with the Dexcom 5 CGM.

I am interested in hearing from Tandem t:slim X2 pump users regarding your experience with the t:slim X2 pump and the Dexcom 5 CGM.

(MELINDA) #2

I have both the G5 and X2 and I love them. The X2 can be updated and they have already integrated the pump and GGM in the last update. I am new to the CGM and to pumping, but been diabetic for over 27 years and it has changed my life. Check out videos on YouTube. They are very informative.

(vmccord) #3

Hi @Melvant73,
Thanks for the feedback. My girl wants to move to a CGM. She has had a t:slim X2 for about a year now, but she’s having trouble with keeping her bg even.

(MELINDA) #4

It is a constant struggle, but the CGM really makes it easier. I wish her the best.
Melinda

(Brent) #5

Thank you, Melinda. I appreciate receiving your comments.