Teens topics

(joe) #1

@TypeWonderful @bookwormnerd13 @allisonhurtt @Alysonross @FennecfoxForever @_laney @Alysonross @Davidbermudez @Lilly @surfergirl @kath2345 @surfergirl @sugarbug1022

This is an open “topic” that should be at the top of the “Coping and Support” Community.

For the general T1N community - PLEASE do not post here if you are not a Teen or young adult.

@Dennis and I (your friendly volunteer moderators) will only deal with problems and not subject matter.

2 Likes
(Abby) #3

Hey y’all!! I’m Abby, 16 years old, diagnosed age 7, from Chicago. How’s everyone doing??

(Katherine) #4

im 16, diagnosed at 4, 6 days before my 5th birthday. From ohio :slight_smile:

(SuperSam101) #5

18, diagnosed for two years.

(Rachel) #6

I’m 17 and I’ve been a T1D for 8 months :smiley:

(Briana) #7

My name is Briana I am 16 I was 11 when I became a diabetic

(Amanda ) #11

I was 6 and have been for 7 yrs.

(Cassidy) #12

Hi Guys!!

My name is Cassidy I am 13 years old and became diabetic when I was 6 yrs.

(Abby) #13

Happy World Diabetes Month y’all!!

(Aireana) #14

Hi katherine i’m Aireana i’m 15 and i was diagnosed 3/4 years ago and i’m also from ohio

(Alyssa) #15

I’m Alyssa, I’m 15 from washington… and really want diabetic friends because I don’t have any right now and don’t really have anyone to talk to… my snap is alysssahyaaatt my insta is spiffy.lys and my email is alyssadenny253@gmail.com

(Ashley) #16

Hey I’m Ashley and I’m 14 I was diagnosed at 13. I actually don’t have any good friend that have diabetes so yeah. I’m also a dancer.

1 Like
(Chloe) #17

Hi, @ashleybugdancer08
I’m Chloe
I’m also 14 (15 in March)
Would you like to connect?
If so just private message me :slight_smile:

(Grace) #18

Hi there! I’m grace, I’m 13 yrs old. I was diagnosed December 21 2015, at age 10 right before Christmas. I’m from seattle

(Abby) #19

Hey y’all! Does anyone have any tips for dealing with teachers who aren’t very understanding of T1D? I had a pretty bad experience the other day with a teacher who wouldn’t let me eat during class and, when I told her I have a 504 plan, was super annoyed because (in her words) “you should’ve dealt with this earlier”. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences :slight_smile:

(Chloe) #20

Yes
At one point I’ve been almost sent out of class because I was checking my level. Apparently that equates to playing on my phone (I have a CGM).

(Ali) #21

Honestly, when I was in high I would just talk about to them and tell them I have type 1 diabetes. But, I feel that most teachers would understand if you let them know start of the semester. Im currently in freshmen in college who don’t care what you do.

(Phebe) #22

Hi, I’m 16, was diagnosed when I was 15 couple days before I turned 16, anyways I live in Washington too! In Spokane area. My email is: phebelyn23@gmail.com if u want to talk!:blush:

(shayd) #23

Heyy Im Shay. Im 19, 11 years t1d strong, diagnosed at 8. University of North Carolina Wilmington clinical research
student