Thirst

(GGBG55) #1

do any of you just get reallllly thirsty at random times?

im so thirsty rite now but i tested and im fine. its not hot, and i didnt really do anything different today.... -__-

weird...

(Anonymous) #2

I am always thirsty no matter what my sugar is. I always have water juice or diet pepsi right beside me.

(system) #3

i'm the exact same way! i get really thirsty, think my bg is a million (when it's normal), and feel like i could drink a lake and not be satisfied.

(BrianPQuinn) #4

I have bouts of thirst, but normally not high related. But I also always chew gum, when I can. That at least keeps my saliva going and my body thinks it is getting extra liquid.

(cdavid1) #5

Some girl in one of my classes this morning was talking about being thirsty. I thought you myself, you don't know thirst until you have diabetes. I'm always always thirsty.

(ThePancreanator) #6

You know I hadn't really thought about it a lot, but I'm pretty thirsty on a regular basis as well.  Not as bad as before I was dx'ed. I was more akin to a camel then.  But I still drink a lot. 

(cdavid1) #7

[quote user="Matt Johnson"]

You know I hadn't really thought about it a lot, but I'm pretty thirsty on a regular basis as well.  Not as bad as before I was dx'ed. I was more akin to a camel then.  But I still drink a lot. 

[/quote]

I love that you compared yourself to a camel! :)

(since030993) #8

whenever someone tells me they're really thirsty or urinating more frequently i automatically think they have diabetes...oops...

i'm soooooooooooo thirsty all the time

sometimes i think i can break speed drinking records!

(bassoonist1719) #9

[quote user="since030993"]

whenever someone tells me they're really thirsty or urinating more frequently i automatically think they have diabetes...oops...

[/quote]

hahaha me too!  at camp this summer i was convinced one of my roommates had diabetes, but she doesn't :)  and yeah, sometimes i get randomly thirsty but i know that i don't drink enough so it usually happens after a whole day of not drinking anything.

(Drew21) #10

haha I never really thought about it too much, but now that I do, i am constantly thirsty.  Like if me n my buddies go to a gas station and get an energy drink or a soda or something (all diet of course haha) Im always like done with it after 20 min and wonder what happened to it, and they have theres for so much longer! haha

this is rediculus haha

(kneazle_lady) #11

Absolutely, I get very thirsty. I check and see the same thing sometimes...I wonder if it's related to maybe stress...cortisol levels or some such thing. I feel a little strange when I feel like my BG is high only to check and see it's normal...

(Jordance1992) #12

i have my days when im very thirsty but not all the time. i agree with Brian though...i eat gum sooo much!! i go through a 5-pack everyday pretty much. lol...i never ate gum as much as i do now that i have diabetes

(Anonymous) #13

Hi Brian and Jordan I am not telling you what to do and I don't even know how much gum you are talking. I just wanted to let you know that if you chew a lot of gum you may want to cut back a little or ask your doctor how much is too much. True story. I went to college with two different girls who got arthritis in their jaws because they chewed massive amounts of gum a day. Since then I have heard of other people (all female so far) that this has happened to as well. Personally I just don't like gum, and I don't  care how much you guys chew just thought I would tell you.

(BrianPQuinn) #14

I don't go through that much gum in a day. I just have a need to chew something. I think it is better than the death to all the pens I have caused over the years. And I have yet to run into jaw problems. I will file the information away, but I don't think I will be changing this habit anytime soon. Also if my mouth has gum in it, I am less likely to want to everything in sight.

(Shill23) #15

Regardless of what my blood sugars are, I'm constantly dying of thirst. I don't just want something to sip on, I want a gallon of water...or diet coke..or anything! I've been to the store several times when I'm stocking up on drinks for myself and the cashier has said, "So, what kind of party are you having? Birthday? Family Reunion?" I always say, "No, I'm just thirsty" and of course, they give me a strange look and don't ask any more questions. I'm pretty sure 95% of my body is water weight, haha.

(Lavonda) #16

I have a question, I am new to all of this so  I need to ask. In the morning when I awaken my bg is like say 106, I shower, brush teeth and take meds with water before I eat and I check my bg and it has risen to 133 what is up with that? How can brushing teeth and taking a couple of pills with water make my bg go up like that, it does that everyday.

(since030993) #17

don't quote me on this, but i think it has something to do with the hormones that come with sleep, and upon waking up.

(Lavonda) #18

thanks  that makes sense, I kept trying to figure out  what was in the toothpaste and meds that makes it go up.