Thoughts on Tandem TslimX2

(Lindsy) #1

I have been a user of the Medtronic pump for the last 6 years, before that is was the One Touch Ping. I love having my pump, but I feel it is time to change and upgrade. I have been interested in the Tslim and wanted to know the thoughts of people who use it or know someone who uses it.

(mfish0331) #2

I also was on the Medtronic for the last 5 and prior to that was on the Ping. I have been on the Tslim since October and I absolutely LOVE it!!

The main things that I feel are better is the interface and touch screen as so much better than the medtronic. I also love that the Dexcom is integrated with it and hopefully by next year the closed loop system will be approved and will be able to compete with Medtronic’s 670g.

I didn’t choose to upgrade with Medtronic because I really don’t like their CGM and had heard of numerous issues with the 670g and actually staying in “Auto” mode. Plus, the target glucose for the 670g is 120 and I personally prefer to be at a lower target.

The Tslim is also considerably smaller than the 670g and because of how they designed it you can download upgrades to the system rather than having to purchase a completely new pump like with Medtronic. That way you always have access to the latest advancements with Tslim.

(Karen) #3

My daughter was a Medtronic user. We weren’t happy with the cgm. We have had Dexcom for a few years and went over to t slim x2 to match. We do alot of elevation changes in summers (love t slim for that it made a difference.) We are very happy with it. It is harder to load the cartridges. Wish they came preloaded with insulin.

(Lindsy) #4

Seems like it is a good pump to switch to! I aslo had problems with the cgm that goes with the Medtronic. I am very excited to hear that the Tandem’s cgm seems to work better! Thanks for the info!!

(Reagan) #5

I have been using a tslim for a little under a year now and i love it. I have the low glucose prevention with the g6 and works like a charm. I have been low numerous times in the night and when I wake up in the morning my numbers were perfect so I am very anxious to see how the full closed loop system turns out. I would highly recommend this system, especially if you are using a dexcom CGM.

(Nancy) #6

I just got my Dex G6 in anticipation of replacing my Medtronic pump with the Tslim early next year. I’m encouraged to hear the good reviews from other former Medtronic users.

To your good health,

Nancy

(gata) #7

I’m like to know people the use the Tandem Tslim x2 and use Apidra Insulin,

(Joel) #8

My sons been using the Dexcom/tSlim x2 combo for just over a year, and we’re all very pleased with it. I don’t have any comparison for you about the cartridges, but I will say it’s a little tasky at first. Not bad though. The interface is like a smartphone which is much easier than the Medtronic. Tandem also has excellent customer support 24/7.

(karen) #9

My son is newer diabetic and first time pump user in October. We have Tslim with deacon 6 and love it! (Not sure of the differences between the pumps)

(karen) #10

Oops! Typo. **Dexcom