Voluntary Participants For a School Research Project on Type 1 Diabetic Adolescents

(Alexandria) #1

Hi! My name is Allie and I would love for you to participate in my study. I am looking for participants who have type one diabetes and who use a continuous glucose monitor. If you do not have diabetes and know someone who does, please share this link! You do not have to be a type 1 diabetic adolescent to be in my study!
I am a student with type 1 diabetes. I have had it for 6 years now. I always manage my diabetes to my best of my ability, even though sometimes I do slack off. Sometimes, because of things I can’t control, my blood sugar goes extremely high or low. I had wanted to figure out why and what I could do better to manage my diabetes. About two years ago I was able to get the dexcom. The dexcom has helped me in sooo many ways and I hope it has for others as well. Even though the dexcom helped me greatly, I was still stuck in some sticky situations with my diabetes. So, I wanted to know how I can get my a1c better and hopefully help others. So, this year, I am in a research class and I am researching adolescents with type one diabetes. I am interested in knowing how teens struggle managing their diabetes, how they would be able to use their continuous glucose monitors to help them manage it and if they are managing their type one diabetes well, how they are doing it and what would be their advice. I would also like to know if the potential participants had a change in their a1c before and after they had the continuous glucose monitor. The information I would obtain would be confidential and anonymous.
I would love for you to be apart of my study. I am working for us to live easier even with the challenge of type one diabetes 24/7. I would like to set up interviews through social media, on the phone or in person, but if you do not feel comfortable talking on the phone or social media, I’m more than happy to accommodate you by sending some questions that can help my study as well! The interviews would be set up somewhere public such as the nearest Starbucks, or Panera.
Please contact me if you have any further questions. If you are under 18 please consult with your parents to make sure they are okay with you participating. Thank you!
I can be contacted @alexsantoro1@gmail.com