We love Jeremy's Animas One touch ping! What do you carry supplies in?

(jeremysmom) #1

Jeremy's been pumping with his Animas One touch Ping since June 2nd and we're loving it!!  Just wandered what everyone uses to carry all the supplies in?  Any input would be appreciated.  Also,  Jeremy's pretty adament about us only using his belly,  any suggestions on site rotations?   He's only 5, not much meat so it's going to be tricky. 

(ShannonSamples) #2

My son Christopher, age 9, has been using the Animas Ping since April 7. It is so much easier than dealing with four shots a day! He carries his supplies in a bag we bought at "fifty50.com".  Half of the proceeds go to JDRF from this website.

Christopher also prefers to use his belly. I finally talked him into using his upper thigh for the infusion set.  He feels more pain on insertion, but it doesn't last long. He's okay with the set there to give his belly a break every few weeks.  That has been the only alternate site that he has agreed to try. It took a lot of bribery to talk him into trying that! Good luck with Jeremy.

Shannon

(Lucas mom) #3

Lucas(6) is on the Animas - no ping - for 3 years now.  He will only use the upper part of his backside.  He is very skinny and has a tiny bit of fat with no muscle on either side of where the crack just starts.  He used to get a kink in the tummy because he did not have enough meat - now he won't even let me try.

(brandi) #4

[quote user="Lucas mom"]

Lucas(6) is on the Animas - no ping - for 3 years now.  He will only use the upper part of his backside.  He is very skinny and has a tiny bit of fat with no muscle on either side of where the crack just starts.  He used to get a kink in the tummy because he did not have enough meat - now he won't even let me try.

[/quote]

My son deals with the same thing. He is so tiny that he cant do his belly either, so we use the backside also.

As for Kullin he uses the medtronic minimed 522, and carries his supplies in a bag that the nurse had given him.

(momkennedy) #5

This is what we use.. no fanny packs for us! (apparently they are too girly :) We are 5 as well.

http://www.amphipod.com/145/145.html

(larawithhrt) #6

My daughter, age 8,  does the same thing- has favorite spots- well, one idea we've done in the past is do like a sticker chart diagram-  I think my mini-med rep told me about this.

Draw an outline of a body on a blank piece of paper and then put X's of site places all around the body- and have them get to pick out a sticker and put it on the X when you change the site- it will naturally force them to go to new places- it worked for Julia. I don't know if boys are into stickers as much as girls, but throwing out this idea.

Just a note:  I, the mommy, am also a type 1 for 26 years and wear a pump and I too have favorite spots- besides some places just being more comfortable physically (fattier places) it is a psychological thing- like I just like it in one spot more than any other spot and gravitate to that spot- as an adult, I have to force myself to rotate away- so I can relate to kid's reluctance to go to other areas and I am adult and know better!

(jeremysmom) #7

Thanks so much for this tip!  We have a store very close that ordered one for us yesterday.  Have a great week!!