What I was told 20 years ago

(KatieRuley) #1

When I was diagnosed with type 1 20 years ago (I was 12) I was told that I could never have babies because it would be too high risk for me and the child. Thank goodness since then we have pumps because I now have a perfect toddler (as perfect as a 2 year old can be!) and I am 15 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I just look back on the time and am so excited for what we will be able to do in 20 years from now that we think is impossible now!!

(patzy1908) #2

I was told the same thing 20 years ago at age 5! I believed it until recently.

(StaycT) #3

I was told that same thing around my diagnosis....Thank God better control and more educated doctors!  :)

In a few months my hubby and I will begin TTC and we are so excited...Scared to death!  LOL  But also extremely excited.

Congrats, Katie on your two little ones!

(KatieRuley) #4

How exciting!! Dont be too freaked out (like I was, lol), you are an expert, you know your body, and how to take care of yourself. Work closely with a high risk OB... it will be a lot of work (and lots of testing!), but it is SO worth it!!!

(Suzanne) #5

My husband and I are going to start trying soon, as well, and am also quite scared to death!!  I have never really been in good control until now and I am terrified of the damage I have done to my body... but, you all give me hope, and in the case that we cannot have children, I am always comforted by the people I have met here!

Good luck to you!!