What tools (apps or other software) are missing?

(vmccord) #1

I’ve spent my entire life building software for other people. My daughter was recently diagnosed and now there is a cause for which I would like to build software. As I have looked for tools to help me and my child I have formed ideas about what I wish was available. I would very much like to hear other people’s experiences and what they wish was out there.

(davyboy) #2

tehre are people, individuals and software folks, who are working toward an artificial pancreas, where the insulin pump receives signals from a glucose sensor and from a finger prick glucose meter, then processes the information, compares it to the pump’s alert and alarm settings, sets off any alarms/alerts as appropriate, and then the big part that hasn’t been done [note at end], the pump decides how much insulin to administer or how much to pull back from the basal rate. The purpose is to keep blood glucose within a tight range of control. Do a search on artificial pancreas for more info, including in these web pages.

NOTE: Medtronic just received the okay from the FDA to manufacture and sell its artificial pancreas that has gone thru years of development and testing.